Fedex signature requirement question

I am expecting a signature required package from Fedex. The sender told me that signatures have been suspended by Fedex because of covid so if I am not home they will just leave the package.

When I look at the Fedex website, it says that they will make contact with the recipient and just enter C 19 in the signature field. These are two entirely different things so wondering if any of you guys know what might happen so I can plan accordingly.

2. Banned
    Good luck! I had a FedEx driver file a report on me after instead of delivering my new Metaniums to my door he left them on the side of the road at the end of my driveway which is 1/4 mile long. I sat on my couch and watched him do it and went and confronted him. I was on the "undeliverable" list because he was "intimidated and in fear for his safety". I finally spoke to a manager who was on my side when she got the story of what actually happened.
    Last edited by jbsoonerfan; 11-24-2020 at 01:55 PM.

3. Member
    Can’t speak for Fed ex but UPS made sure someone answered the door before handing over our IPhone 12s. We didn’t physically sign but they also didn’t just leave the package like they normally do. I suspect your experience will be similar.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

The FedEx driver that delivers to me, always tells me he is signing for me. He won't leave the package if I am not here.

5. Member
    Fed ex sucks.

You can not plan accordingly with Fed ex.

Their rules and procedures change like the wind.

Did I mention Fed ex sucks.

Even my local USPS workers have more care than Fed ex during a delivery.

TO the OP

Honestly can't help as every delivery this year by Fed ex is contrary to what I was told or the message they left or the text they sent.

Good luck

6. Member
    I haven't had a signature required by Fedex or UPS this year for any package.

Yeah the USPS driver signs for me even if I am here to sign. Life in the COVID world.

8. Member
    Thanks all. Guess I'll be hanging around tomorrow.

He will ask for your name and type it in himself.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    Anything thats delivered delivered here from fedex or ups and even usps that requires a signature. They've left a non deliverable note with where to go pickup. If it's my normal usps driver. She knows my mom lives next door and gets her.

11. Member
    i waited all day for a fedex package (worth about 700.00) and he came late in the day pitched it on the porch,i told him to hold on a minute that package was all tore up,take it back with you i am not taking it like that

12. Member
    Just head this situation Saturday and I spoke to the delivery guy through the nest doorbell but had to visually See that someone was home before they would leave.

13. Member
    RPM sent me boat in a box that included 2 Lowrance HDS 12 live's. supposed to be signature required and driver left it at end of my 3/10 mile long driveway on a remote country rd. I about had a heart attack when I drove up from work and saw $6000+in electronics sitting there..

You might be able to load their app and pre sign. I’ve done that before with the delivery companies.
    My wife just had a case of wine delivered today. She was supposed to sign because it was alcohol. She photo copied her driver license and signed the paper. Wrote on there she was under quarantine. Wine is sitting on front porch.

15. Member
    My wife gets her clinical trial cancer meds from Sarah Cannon in Nashville via Fed Ex. An adult signature is required. They won't leave them without one, no exceptions.

16. Member
    I had a Fedex package from BBGMarine recently that required a signature. The driver left it on the doorstep without even knocking.
    2023 Puma STS

17. Member
    You can leave a note on your door that says waive signature and leave package. That way you don't have to be there. I have over 1100 customers on my mail routes, I sign for most of them and leave them in a safe place. After 14 yeArs I've spoken to most of them about this.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Drivers around here rarely get a signature. But do at least put them on porch.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I had a Fedex package from BBGMarine recently that required a signature. The driver left it on the doorstep without even knocking.
    Exactly the same for me from BBGMarine.

Great prices and service from BBG!

20. Member
    I've had FedEx leave packages in clear plastic bags tied to my mail box along my road a couple hundred yards from the house, FedEx definitely sucks
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS