Best Lithium Batteries??

I plan to switch to Lithium batteries next season. What are the best ones out there for the money? I see the AmpOutdoors batteries are lower priced but they have a 60ah battery. The Ionic I see some great reviews and great customer service from Drew but they are much higher price for a 50ah battery. Just looking for some info before zeroing in on one. Any other brands people recommend? I have a 36v trolling motor that I plan to switch to Lithium but I am contemplating leaving my AGM starting battery as it is still good.

I can’t speak about the others but I love my Ionics from Drew! Running 3 x 50ah and One 125ah. Great bang for the buck IMHO
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

3. Member
    Lithium Pros!

Running Relions for third season. Not a complaint very satisfied.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

5. Member
    Don’t be afraid to take a look at MillerTech. I love mine .

6. Member
    Is 50ah big enough or should I look at bigger batteries?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    That depends on where/how you use them. I know a lot of people that run 50ah and never have an issue. I just switched out my 12V 50 ah batteries for two 36V 50ah as I’m planning on fishing some bigger places and rivers with current next season.

Call Steve @ https://www.bassfishinelectronics.com/ he has some good Black Friday deals right now and he can answer any questions you have.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have customers fishing the Pro Level Tour running 50ah on a 36v setup that are perfectly happy but it depends all on your fishing style and how heavy your boat is and what you expect to get from them, also depends on what trolling motor, if it a 24v you need to consider something bigger than 50s but the newer motors are much more efficient especially the brushless modules
    free free to call me 910-722-0001
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Don’t be afraid to take a look at MillerTech. I love mine .
    I have these in a 65ah 24v set up, just unreal is all I can say.

10. Member
    Are 36v 50ah batteries better than 3 - 12v 50ah batteries? I see 3 12v batteries are cheaper (using ionics as a reference).

11. Member
    Are 36v 50ah batteries better than 3 - 12v 50ah batteries? I see 3 12v batteries are cheaper (using ionics as a reference).
    I wouldn't say they are better. There are some small differences like weight and size but overall no major difference. I went with two 36V 50ah batteries just in case there is an issue on the water. If one battery was to fail, I would be able to keep running with the other.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3 50AH ionics and have not been able to get them lower then 79% in a day of fishing. I am completely satisfied with the performance of these batteries to this point. Running a garmin force for reference.

13. Member
    I ordered 80ah batteries, but my troller is a 36v Riptide Terrova going on a 23ft bay boat. I strongly considered the 50ah from drewtick and the 60ah from amped, and honestly they probably would have been fine, but I chickened out and went bigger. I don't know how much juice a 36v is going to take to keep a boat on spot lock in the gulf.

14. Member
    I have a 36V50Ah battery in my 24ft Key West and I spot lock for snapper. I have not got it below 60% in a day of fishing.

15. Member
    3x 60ah Amped. Have fished multiple days in tidal rivers without charging.

Vacationed on a lake for 3 days without charging, got home and plugged charger in the night before a trip but forgot to plug charger into batteries. Fished a whole day on tidal river no problems.
    3 days on the lake and 1 day on the river. The lead acid's would of been weak beginning of day 2 and flat by the end of day 2.

Call Amped and talk with a funny WI accent. There may be discount code laying around.

16. Member
    Stretch1, I just finishes researching the heck out of lithium batteries. IDK why you state Icons are most or more expensive then others, I did not find that true. Get a real quote from Drew. There is a bbc discount he applies. Look at the warrants on these batteries, that may have real meaning for you 3 to 4 years down the road. Look at reviews from fishermen. Look at service from who is selling you batteries. Not everything may be strictly price related. I have a friend who is in process of buying batteries straight out of China. No you can’t beat the price. But in my opinion, with lithium’s you had better not have a leak into the battery case, cause your gonna play hell surviving the explosion in the middle of the lake. The batteries themselves are made in China, sure, but assembled in America and warranties here in America is sure important.