New Trailer Costs?

Looking at replacing the custom built bunk trailer for my 2006 18'6" Alumacraft Navigator Deep-V boat and it seems the Alumacraft dealers around me won't/can't answer my question so I thought I'd expand my search. I was quoted an estimate of about $1500 to re-do bearings, replace tires and repair brakes so I'm wondering if it's cost effective to put more $$ into a 15 year old trailer which is heavily used or just get a similar new trailer. Thanks in advance !!

2. Member
    See if you can find a Trailmaster dealer up your way. Trailer built in Indiana.

Had a trailer built for a 99 17.5 Sylvan deep V last summer for about 3800 and change out the door.

They had the jig/bunk layout plans still on file and the boat fits better than it ever did on the stock EZloader trailer.

3500lb gross, 2900lb load capacity-92"wide single axle-2x4 frame-4 bunk-Dexter Easylube spindle axle-disc brakes-led lights-205x14" GY Endurance tires with a spare rim/tire.

Towed to Canada last fall on a 2000 mile round trip and it tracks on the highway like my tandem trailer does.

Sold the Ezloader 99 trailer for 500.00.

Good Luck

3. Member
    I would get another estimate. Seems a little High.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    I would get another estimate. Seems a little High.
    I thought so too but they are probably the highest rated repair shop around me and have been maintaining my motors for years. Seems like a lot of the top anglers use them for their higher end boats/motors, in fact I didn't see a boat package under 50k in their showroom.