Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    It wasn't just 2013 GM trucks...many other years and other type of vehicles.
    I just do not understand this. My 2005 4Runner is this way....pull apart the whole freakin nose to replace a headlight. My 2005 Tundra was simply pop the hood then 3 easy-to-get to screws and it came right out!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Member
    Gotta love all the conspiracy theorist on here claiming they do this to drive business to the dealerships. The fact of the matter this is mostly driven by the consumer (and to a lesser degree marketing as they drive the overall look) because they need to have bucket seats, center console storage, dual climate control, 10 zone options, giant touchscreen displays, etc... Most of you have never worked in product development and it shows.

3. Member
    I harbor no malice toward the designers or engineers.

My only hope and wish is that they spend eternity working on or repairing their work.

Some will enjoy it and some will not!

4. Member
    Try the passenger side daylight running light on a 2010 Tahoe. #%&^&^

5. Member
    See the same things in housing construction. Engineers think they are too smart to listen to field people when they say it don't work. If the computer says it works, it should work.

6. Member
    Engineers don’t have to work on it themselves.

7. Member
    Sadly, (or thankfully) most engineers never get to do their best work, or even actually "engineer". They simply have to meet time, cost and bureaucratic constraints.

There's a joke in this area due to the large number of manufacturing plants... It basically always comes back to, if you want to start @$40k, spend 6 years in school and become an engineer. If you want to start @$80k, spend 6min using your brain and become a maintenance man.

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    It wasn't just 2013 GM trucks...many other years and other type of vehicles.
    Try taking the grill off that truck. terrible. Then again why should you ever need to remove the grill. I did to add tranny cooling.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub176 View Post
    Last night I had to replace the blend door actuator in my F150. I knew it was going to be a pain, but come on! On my 2010 f150 the actuator is right behind the head unit easy right, NO!
    One bolt was super easy to get to. The other bolt I had to take the glove box out, and move a wire cluster to get enough room to cram my hand far enough up to reach the bolt, then with my left hand I had to hold a wrench down while I fought with my right hand crammed in a hole it wasn't suppose to be in. It took me 20 minutes to get the bolt out, then 45 minutes to get it back in. Oh yeah the bolt was so tight to actuator I couldn't use my gear wrench, and it was right under a crossmember so I couldn't use a ratchet and socket. That being said a job that should have taken 30 minutes tops took me almost 2 hours, because of 1 stupid bolt. I'm certain auto engineers hate the mechanics who work on the poorly designed vehicles.

Okay rant over, and I'm glad I saved $125 and have heat in my truck again. It was a cold ride yesterday.
    Ha ha you think thats bad wait to you have to replace the blend door.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123