Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Found a Charger 496 for sale on Facebook Marketplace for $12k

Guy is saying he is going through a divorce, originally listed it last week at $17k, now down to $12k. Base price in NADA looks to be around $20k. Am I reading that right?

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I guess he told the wife ,ya there’s your boat sitting outside...good luck hun!

3. Member
    Trying to decide if I should take a chance on this. Could resell it for at least $5-7k more...or I could keep it:)

4. Member
    The most vague add on FB I might have ever seen. I'd say something doesn't seem right, but I've found a lot of great deals that way. 12 is cheap. Offer 10. But it looks a little rough and dated where the money comes into play IMO so be prepared to 'fix' some stuff.
    Last edited by barbarian; 11-26-2020 at 06:51 AM.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    ...But it looks a little rough and dated where the money comes into play IMO so be prepared to 'fix' some stuff.

6. Member
    He originally listed it as a "Charger 454 bass boat" and I messaged him to say Charger boats has never had a 454 model that I'm aware of. Said he was told it was a 454 by his boss, who he is listing it for. Came back and said it was a 496. It looks real rough, but if NADA is around $20k, I was thinking getting for between $10-12k would be a steal, even with the cosmetic work that needs to be done. Motor would be the biggest expense I would worry about.

Have always wanted a Charger Boat, but not sure I want to pull the trigger on this one.

7. Member
    It really doesn’t look bad. I’m thinking it was kept in that shop and they pulled it out for pics.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

8. Member
    Looks to me like it needs a good power washing and maybe wet sand/polish. Seats are dirty as hell, but should clean up. Panels are replaceable. The biggest concern would be the motor as mentioned, but there are Merc 2-strokes all over for sale right now. The 496 is an awesome rig! Ride is fantastic and it is very stable with the trolling motor down. I sold mine earlier this year for a LOT more than $12k!

9. Member
    Long ways to go to find out its a scam.

10. Member
    Went and looked at it today. 4hrs each way

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    That’s a drive

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    That’s a drive
    Can anyone tell me what material was used on the floor of this boat? It has-been setting outside uncovered for over a year. Carpet is molded bad on the floor. It needs some work to restore, trying to total 5hat up now. Gel coat is good.

13. Member
    What year is it?

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    06 and later it’s all fiberglass,pre 06 it’s wood...wood that is sandwich between fiberglass so a composite in theory and the wood should never come in contact with water the way they build them.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 11-30-2020 at 07:53 AM.

15. Member
    It is a 2007.

Needs lots of work. It has been neglected for a few years. Has some Fiberglass damage that needs fixed, nothing structural. Carpet is shot, seat need new skins. needs batteries. trailer need some work. The cost keeps going up.

16. Member
    What's up with the motor?

17. Member
    Another thing this boat has that I don't care for, it has a livewell up front. Why does anyone need 3 livewells? Waste of valuable space, it really takes away from the storage available. My express X19 has more storage than this boat.

18. Marty Donlea
    Where is the live well up front? All of the one's that I have seen including mine only have the 2 live wells in the back.

19. Member
    It you look at the second photo up top, it has 2 lids in the middle of the front deck. The rear most lid with the single locking handle is a live well.

20. Banned
    Plug off some plumbing and it's dry storage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast