Basscat Trailer Redo

I posted this on the BCB owners forum but thought I’d post it here too. I have a 05 puma with the same year trailer and my fiberglass fenders are in serious need of being redone. Has anyone redid theirs? There is no major damage to it, its just got nicks and is faded badly. They are white in color. Trying to see a ball park figure of how much it would be. Need to see if its worth doing or buying new.

Thanks
    Derrick

2. Member
    bodyshop can sand and paint the glass and make it look good. with clear coat also to make it last
    Last edited by mactlman; 11-24-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

That is not a bad thought, we’ve also seen wraps make them look a lot better.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I don't know what new replacement fenders cost right now, but it might be cheaper to go new, than to have a body shop fix them. At least that's what I was told when I was considering having the fenders redone on a Cougar trailer I once had.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

They have a slug of fenders that are culls and they will be clearing those out within the next two months. They will be cleaned up and sold as builders to willing recipients. That program is not where it should be due to our parts manager being out of pocket, though we are about to step it up in January.

BCB

6. Member
    This /\/\/\
    Its always best to call parts.
    Sometimes they have excess stock that will match your boat at a great price.
    Tandem axle fenders are 800.00 plus shipping. New price.

Excess stock/culls will usually be a cheaper option.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I would try a Protec products restore kit on the fenders first. it won't take care of the nicks from pebbles, etc but you might be surprised as to how well the fenders shine will come back around.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

8. Member
    I had to fix mine up with some fiberglass work and then had body shop paint and clear coat for 200 bright white. They don't clean up quite like gelcoat but definitely still look pretty good 5 or 6 years later.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They have a slug of fenders that are culls and they will be clearing those out within the next two months. They will be cleaned up and sold as builders to willing recipients. That program is not where it should be due to our parts manager being out of pocket, though we are about to step it up in January.

BCB
    Hi BCB,

Will you post when they become available? I am definitely interested.

Thank you, BAM

Thanks for the replys. I will check with a body shop and see. Also will look at what BCB has.