2020 Vexus 1880 trim gauge not working

I have a 2020 1880 with a Mercury 115 Pro XS and the trim gauge is stuck up. It has never worked, dealer couldn't get it to work. Anyone else run into this?

2. Member
    I can give you some tips on troubleshooting it.
    First make sure you have current to the gauge. If so take the wire off of the sender post of the gauge. It’s probably marked with a “S” by the post. Not sure but I’m thinking it will be a purple wire with a white stripe. After removing the wire check to see if you have any movement. It’s gonna read all the way up or down at that point. If no movement at that point short out between the ground post and the “S” post. Do this with current to the gauge. If still no movement it’s looking to be the gauge but do one more check. Take an ohm meter and go between the wire you took off the “S” post and ground. Trim the motor up/down and see if the meter moves. Not sure what ohm setting to use here so you might try a couple settings. This will check the sender on the motor. If you see movement it’s back to the gauge. The only other source of trouble would be a short in the wire from the sensor on the motor to the gauge.
    If I can help further get back to me.
    Hope this helps!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1804 View Post
    I have a 2020 1880 with a Mercury 115 Pro XS and the trim gauge is stuck up. It has never worked, dealer couldn't get it to work. Anyone else run into this?
    Your boat and motor are both under warranty. If your not mechanically inclined let the dealer sort it out. Your dealer should have fixed or replaced the gauge. Vexus customer service is the bench Mark for everyone else. Send an email to them and I bet your gauge gets fixed ASAP.

Mark Hopper,
    Its nice to have someone with experience giving out accurate information.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 11-24-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    If that dealer can't figure out how to get a trim gauge fixed, are you going to trust them with anything more complicated?

5. Member
    If they can't fix it, replace it...under warranty.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

6. Member
    Mark, thanks for the info. I will test this and see what I come up with. Really appreciate your time.