Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ourflat View Post
    DOD and the like will constrict in the next 4 years due to little or no military spending. Likely to see more consolidations and layoffs.
    Nailed it...I am right here by Gulfstream, done civil for their campus's, they are a genreal dynamics/lockhead company i believe. Had some with covid, hearing that holding to see what goes one before they let loose.....Also current situation with my companies navy contracts wait and see if this new POTUS can finalize the steal and suck up all defense funding. Contracts signed months ago but they won't budge with notice to proceeds until after January. We have folks sitting, almost all our west coast offices, already laid one off in my office.

2. Member
    https://www.oriontalent.com

They hire a bunch of people in the aviation industry.

Congrats to you and yours!

Quote Originally Posted by MCS View Post
    Nailed it...I am right here by Gulfstream, done civil for their campus's, they are a genreal dynamics/lockhead company i believe. Had some with covid, hearing that holding to see what goes one before they let loose.....Also current situation with my companies navy contracts wait and see if this new POTUS can finalize the steal and suck up all defense funding. Contracts signed months ago but they won't budge with notice to proceeds until after January. We have folks sitting, almost all our west coast offices, already laid one off in my office.
    Yup , and this has me in concern at the moment. Currently working on a contract but we a have huge one with a foreign ally about to kick off. Hopefully things work out. But to answer the OP'S question , Lockheed is always hiring engineers , and all over. Look on the website and pick a location pretty much

4. Member
    I'd try to hook up with anything related to Elon Musk
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Get on Linkedin put his resume on there . There is a lot of different Aero Space jobs on there. I am retired and I still get calls .

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Huntsville, Alabama is the place to be.
    +1. Much of the aerospace industry is here, as is a lot of DOD contractors. Plus Wyle labs, one of only 2 in the nation for top level qual testing. (Half mu career was in the DOD in general and aerospace variants more specifically)

7. Member
    I work for the FAA. There are a few paths for him in the FAA with that degree.

Quote Originally Posted by ourflat View Post
    DOD and the like will constrict in the next 4 years due to little or no military spending. Likely to see more consolidations and layoffs.
    Not necessarily true, most funds have been allocated years out. Not to say they won't cancel projects, but next few years should be fine. 35 yrs in Gov. Contracts mostly DOD R&D. There's a lot behind the scenes politically that goes on with funding, all depending where the industry is and what congressional district.

9. Member
    Huntsville is definitely a hot bed for that industry.

My son graduated with a physics degree from the U of Illinois. He is now pursuing a grad degree in nuclear, plasma and radiological Engineering. I hope he finishes school at some point and earns some cash. Super proud of his accomplishments along the way though.

Aircraft mechanic for going on 30 years now. The aviation field has always been up or down. If i would start over these would be my choices:

1- Lockheed (LM Aero) in Ft Worth is expanding their new production F-35 program. The air force is phasing out the F-16 and replacing with all F-35's. Going to take years. If job security is what he is looking for consider here.
    2- Salt Lake City, Hill AFB. Its the F-16/F-35/C-130 depot. They modify/repair heavly damaged acft here. Lots of engineering opportunities here. Like i said the F- 16 depot is scaling down and 35's are ramping up.
    3- Space-X. Numerous locations in Texas and Florida. Lots of engineering opportunities here with privatized space travel. Job security might be a little bumpy at first, but hey so is the ride up.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

11. Member
    Space coast FL USA. I dream of Jennie NASA, Space X or Blue Origin will suck him up. Cost of living is dirt cheap. Live beach side and enjoy the scenery.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12