Thread: NEW SCALE

NEW SCALE

Gambler or Catch co. Anybody use both? Which scale do you prefer. Thanks.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

2. Member
    I guess both are lousy.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

I bought the gambler scale for my friend for Christmas last year. I think it lasted 1 trip before it stopped working.
    He uses it for a bogo grip now
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    Love my catch commander. Have not used the Gambler one. Will never say anything bad about the Brand
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

I've had a Gambler for a few years and never had a problem with it. Maybe it's the newer ones that are no good?
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

I went to the Catch Commander this year after not being able to get a Rapala to last more than one season. It help up great and did a good job for me. It's super consistent...when I first got it I weighed the same 5 lb weight several times and always got the same reading. I've also balance-beamed fish it had within 0.02 lbs and the balance beam has always agreed with the scale even on differences that small. My total weight on the scale is reliably a half lb or a little more lighter than the official tourney results which is exactly what I expect after accounting for the mesh weigh bag.

The only complaint I have is that I can't "lock" the weight of a fish manually. It does it automatically which is usually fine, but if you're out in rougher water, a lot of times it will lock in a weight that you can tell isn't right just from watching the weight bounce. Then you have to zero it and try again. If they added the ability to manually lock weights to save them it'd be no contest that it's the best scale I've ever used.

One other minor complaint I have now that I really think about it...it's bright yellow. I don't necessarily want to be holding up a big bright yellow "hey look over here!" when I'm weighing a fish. That part I can manage without too much trouble though.

To be fair I haven't used a Gambler, so maybe not the most helpful comment. The bright color doesn't appear to be any better on the Gambler than the Catch Commander at least!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    I've had a Gambler for a few years and never had a problem with it. Maybe it's the newer ones that are no good?
    +1

8. Member
    Bought a catch commander beginning of this year and love it

9. Member
    Thanks for the replies, funny I cannot find my black Rapala scale. Bright color may help me.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Seen the Gambler one and it's not worth the money... cant trust it at all...