2004 225 OX66 VMAX lower mounts loose in mid section pockets

I have alot of "play" when I trim my motor up and down. I pulled the covers off of the lower mounts and found the "pockets" in the mid section where the lower mounts sit are worn. I need a narrower set of feeler gauges but it appears there is about .040" wear into the mid section which translates into a lot of slop and movement. Until I get the mounts removed and mic them and mic the pockets, I won't really know the exact amount of gap. Does anyone know if there is a shim kit or anything that is designed for this issue. I thought about going ahead and installing a set of Bob's solid lower mounts while I'm at it, but that doesn't solve my wear issue in the mid section pockets. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wcs69rat; 11-23-2020 at 07:57 PM. Reason: grammar correction

2. Member
    I cant speak for your scenario, but I thought the same thing with my HPDI, then I just went ahead with the Bob's and new covers, and everything tightened right up. I also did the upper mounts & covers, and all bushings.

3. Member
    Thamelau,
    Thanks for the info.

4. Member
    I Had the same thing on my 2006 225 hpdi and replaced with Bob's and problem solved

5. Member
    Elmer Swan,

Thank you