Megabass Destroyer P5 Super Destroyer

Looking for some insight into this rod. Any first hand information would be appreciated. Have heard it’s a good jig rod, but also read it’s an “all around use rod”. Cheers!

2. Member
    The Hook Up Tackle has a video on the P5s. Lot of good information!

It's a heavy moderate type rod - it has a very JDM Megabass action which means that it is very versatile, but it's also very sensitive and makes a great close quarters jig/worm rod. It will handle a wide range of larger moving baits, skips a frog very nicely, single hook swim baits, even some of the Magdrafts/Magslowl baits work well on the P5 SD.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    It's a heavy moderate type rod - it has a very JDM Megabass action which means that it is very versatile, but it's also very sensitive and makes a great close quarters jig/worm rod. It will handle a wide range of larger moving baits, skips a frog very nicely, single hook swim baits, even some of the Magdrafts/Magslowl baits work well on the P5 SD.
    Thanks Gary, exactly what I was after. When you say moving baits, would you include topwater walking baits in that? Showerblows, kicknockers, diamanté’s etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Agentsmith1981 View Post
    Thanks Gary, exactly what I was after. When you say moving baits, would you include topwater walking baits in that? Showerblows, kicknockers, diamanté’s etc?
    Larger ones like a full sized Vixen, definitely. I prefer the Madbull or even the Blade for these in general, but the Super Destroyer can definitely handle some of the larger treble baits.