60HP Fuel line routing

My "new to me" 60HP Mercury has had the fuel system "rigged" up. Someone took the Vapor separator off and rigged the fuel system up with an external regulator and the wrong fuel pump. I bought all the correct parts to fix it ($1200.00 worth of stuff) vapor separator, fuel pump and new hoses. I don't know where all the fuel lines on the new separate and fuel pump run to. Anyone know where I can find a diagram? Mines a 1C020391
    I think I have it all figured out except the two hose connection that are pictured below in the red circle. Those are on the top of the vapor separator. One goes to the low pressure fuel pump and I don't know where the other one goes or which one is for the low pressure inlet from the low pressure pump. Click on image to enlarge.

Capturefuel.PNG
    Last edited by tngw1500se; 11-23-2020 at 03:41 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Fuel System Connections should be available in the Factory Service Manual.

Section 3-C covers most of what you'll need to know.

The two fittings circled in your thumbnail picture are:

There were several versions of the VST, it "appears" you have the latest one. The INNER (closest to the block) fitting should be the VENT hose, which loops to a hole in the adapter plate (so that fuel would dump into the lower cowling if the VST flooded).

The OUTER fitting (faces AFT or BACK) is the fuel inlet, coming from the mechanical fuel pump.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Fuel System Connections should be available in the Factory Service Manual.

Section 3-C covers most of what you'll need to know.

The two fittings circled in your thumbnail picture are:

There were several versions of the VST, it "appears" you have the latest one. The INNER (closest to the block) fitting should be the VENT hose, which loops to a hole in the adapter plate (so that fuel would dump into the lower cowling if the VST flooded).

The OUTER fitting (faces AFT or BACK) is the fuel inlet, coming from the mechanical fuel pump.
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!