3in 1 install help?

Hey all,

I am finally going to install my 3 in 1 lowrance onto my jackplate this winter as part of an upgrade project.

I have an Atlas 6 inch hy. JP on a 2002 Ranger 520.

I am not sure about mounts as they range between $50 - $250 it seems.

Is the mounting angle critical or can I eyeball it. Does the puck bracket need to be installed so the 3n1 is level when idling? From what I've gathered it seems that the performance is based on the correct mounting angle. RMP video mount install looks like they just eyeball it and drill the holes?
    Any tips or bracket recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank,

AK

2. Member

3. Member
    Search coin method on youtube. Pick the mount you like best. I like the one I got from Premier Sonar.

4. Member
    Can't go wrong with the coin trick

5. Member
    If you buy the Transducer Shield And Saver bracket, you will get the angle correct as it will be custom built for your exact model boat and jackplate. Yes, it is more expensive than some others, but part of what you are paying for is the knowledge and experience in building a custom mount that is the correct angle, always, as it can't be knocked out of adjustment. And no bracket does a better job at protecting your transducer which receives a lot of water pressure when coming out of the hole. I have never yet heard anyone say these brackets were not worth every penny and more after trying one.
    ciao,
    Marc