Thread: Crypto

Crypto

If you have paid attention, crypto has been making a run again the past couple of weeks. I'll admit, I was one that bought into the excitement back in 2017, I was up a lot of money at one time, and then lost it all. I've just let it sit for the past 3 years, hopefully it's ramping up to do it all again. It's starting to get exciting again.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I made a little money then ran. I thought for sure it would be below 1000 by now. Oh well
    Thanos was the hero

I own some. Watching it grow now. My son has made a lot of money trading it, but he watches it very closely and I don't have the time for that.

Bitcoin has been left for dead several times losing 90% of its value, but it's again sitting near all time highs. Bitcoin is here to stay. I'm holding for 4 more years sink or swim. This runup is due to paypal adopting it. When the banks finally adopt it, it will be a rocket ship.
    Last edited by mossie3; 11-24-2020 at 01:19 PM.

5. Member
    We, my son and I, are about to invest some in it. He is a tech freak, said it has just started......
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

1 Bitcoin = $25,661 USD today, up 239% YTD

Analyst's predictions of $500K in 3 years sure sounds sweet.

7. Member
    Okay, I've never really understood this. What's it backed by? How liquid is it? Can you basically sell anytime you want, or is there a delay?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Okay, I've never really understood this. What's it backed by? How liquid is it? Can you basically sell anytime you want, or is there a delay?
    Backed by the same thing the U.S. dollar is backed by. Consumer confidence. It's as liquid as trading any currency. If there is a buyer you can sell. It trades like stock. Transaction time on Bitcoin specifically can be a bit slow. It's a lot faster for other coins. Exchanges from one coin to another are generally instant though, depending on the exchange or wallet vendor you use. Like on Coinbase you can exchange instantly.

I find it a little ironic how most are so skeptical, dismissing bitcoin as a fraud, with little to no research, but have absolute faith in our government putting ink on paper creating money, and completely controlling it through borrowing, supply, and interest rates.

10. Member
    I'm old and bought gold