Thread: R93 Recarpeting

R93 Recarpeting

I should have been further in front of this. Seats need to be redone and I am looking at buckets from bassboatseats. Going that path I need to carpet the existing seat pan, the rest of the carpet is in decent shape but my thought is to buy enough to do entire boat. I need to order 10' which is more than I expect to need for the seat pan. How much should a person order to do the entire boat?

thanks in advance!
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

2. Member
    What about line x on seat pan? I carpeted my boat last year and boat a big roll from ranger, I think 20’ for about $450.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r83srock View Post
    What about line x on seat pan? I carpeted my boat last year and boat a big roll from ranger, I think 20’ for about $450.
    Didnt think about that but like the idea. the question would be how clean can you get the seat pan.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

4. Member
    The carpet in your R93 is 20oz and it’s called platinum ash you won’t find a match that looks close anymore. I would redo the whole boat in shadow gray and order your carpet from a ranger dealer. Tell them you want the carpet that’s put in the aluminum boats.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

5. Member
    Generator is spot on.

Regarding the seat pan. I had my floor sprayed with line x. You do have to have it smooth for line x to look smooth. But once it’s on it’s on good, doesn’t chip or fade. Most won’t like it for the floor, I love it. I think for the pan it would be great. It stiffens whatever you spray it on a lot too. Cleans with soap and water.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    The carpet in your R93 is 20oz and it’s called platinum ash you won’t find a match that looks close anymore. I would redo the whole boat in shadow gray and order your carpet from a ranger dealer. Tell them you want the carpet that’s put in the aluminum boats.
    Whats the deal with the carpet for the aluminum?

I like the tan color and ordered samples from bassboat and am going to stick with it.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshaker View Post
    Whats the deal with the carpet for the aluminum?

I like the tan color and ordered samples from bassboat and am going to stick with it.
    The fiberglass boats come with 24oz carpet which is to thick for most boats. The aluminum rangers come with 20oz. Most dealers don’t know the difference due to the weight of the carpet isn’t on the computer. So if you want 20oz tell them the carpet for the ranger aluminum boats.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

8. Member
    The R93 has 20 oz. carpet.