2018 225 HO E-Tec Gen 2 Question - H225HLAR s/n05534821

Had this motor for almost a year and I have a question. Does this motor have auto trim or some kind of auto trim that senses throttle position and levelness of boat? Late yesterday I noticed that when I moved spots and got up on plane the motor would automatically trim itself down to take off (hard throttle) and once it broke over it would automatically trim itself up and then stop trimming. I have not noticed this before yesterday. This was weird but ok until I got ready to load boat and it wanted to trim DOWN while loading (more throttle to load and the farther is wanted to trim down).
    Any ideas? TIA.

Robert

2. Member
    Yes the engine includes an auto trim feature called ITrim. It’s is rpm sensing and trims the engine to different points based on engine speed.
    the feature is armed by trimming manually down to full negative trim at either idle in gear or neutral idle. Upon acceleration the engine will trim out. Upon deceleration the engine will auto trim down.
    you as the operator can trim the engine to any trim you wish based on driving conditions but this disarms the auto trim function.
    to rearm you must trim down to full negative as described earlier.
    People either like it or dislike it. Regardless, you as the driver can do anything with the trim position, anytime you want.

3. Member
    Thanks. That was very helpful.

Robert

4. Member
    I can enable/disable it thru the icon pad.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC