New Lake in Florida?

I hear some one mention a new lake opening possibly up north. Sorry not very good info. Anyone heard of this lake?
    Dave Swimm - Ranger Z21, Yamaha Vmax 250 HPDI
    ‘17 Shearwater X22 Hybrid, Vmax 250 SHO
    I can't leave anything stock, I can't leave well enough alone.
    I need to customize everything. I think I can improve others
    designs, sometimes.

2. Member
    Are you talking about Bee Haven Bay?

3. Member
    Last I heard it was by permit only. So maybe a different lake?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Last I heard it was by permit only. So maybe a different lake?
    Bee Haven and Little Altman are permit only and I believe it's limited to current or retired Nutrien employees or you have to be sponsored by one.

5. Member
    It is Headwaters Lake in Fellsmere. I’ve been trying to find more info on it. It just opened the ramp in August. Around 10,000 acres.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    It is Headwaters Lake in Fellsmere. I’ve been trying to find more info on it. It just opened the ramp in August. Around 10,000 acres.
    Ha! Oh that one. You're a little late to the party. It's already been crushed and FWC has already nuked it. Just check out YouTube

7. Member
    Poppin Frog, they nuked it in the last month?

8. Member
    Everything I see in YouTube says it’s amazing fishing and there is grass everywhere

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    Everything I see in YouTube says it’s amazing fishing and there is grass everywhere
    I fished it for three years before they opened it and have been bass fishing here in florida for the past 35 years, it was the best fishing on the planet bar none. 70+ fish was the norm, caught dozens over 9lbs with the biggest 12.13 lbs, water was gin clear like an aquarium the last time we were in there in the spring. We were there on opening morning and when we finally got out there we were totally disgusted on what we saw, the entire impoundment looked like YooHoo, less than a foot visability, the places we constantly crushed monsters we couldn't catch a fish. The water condition changed so dramatically it shut down the majority of the big fish. The place is still loaded with fish and lots of big ones but it is nowhere close to what it was before they nuked it. And now with the pressure it compounds the catch rate. You can still catch fish but most will never know what is was like before the nuking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rocknemo; 11-25-2020 at 10:04 AM.

10. Member
    Just made the drive from KY and fished it last month for a few days, we had an overall great trip. Grass isn't everywhere but when you find it you find the fish, don't bother even fishing if you aren't in the grass. All the main areas are dirty with very low Vis for sure, but you gotta get back in the areas where others don't want to go and the water is still gin clear. I can't imagine how special this place was before it completely opened up, well worth the trip. So much so I'm going back very soon.

11. Member
    It's a real shame that most people will not be able to experience the absolute insane fishing that was there before it was nuked.