How waterproof are the PP motors ?

Long story short, I had a very bad incident occur with my boat. Basically I had to leave the boat outside for an extended period of time. I thought I had everything set to make sure it was water tight however, I wasnt expecting some squirrels and or other animals to nest up and block my drain plug area with debris. When I came back from training, my boat was completely full of rain water and the cover was ripped off. I know my PP blade motors have been submerged for a while. I am waiting on insurance but just in case they don’t help out, what should I do? I figured I would have to replace the circuit board and drain all the fluid out for sure.

2. Member
    Call power pole and they may send you a new motor free of charge. I would say that there is water in the motor housing and more than like the board is gone too. Probably water in the oil also. Just take the cover off an see.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If they were submerged they will need to be sent into powerpole for repair/rebuild. The pumps are water resistant not waterproof.