Exclamation Need Help with SS3D (images included)

Cant seem to get the same image clarity that everyone else is getting. Tried slowing down today. Speed was 2.6-2.9mph. This shot is some cribs located on a point I think. Not really sure as I cannot get enough detail to positively id. I tried using reefmaster to see if it was just the limitations of the screen on the unit that was preventing me from seeing the details. Unit is HDS Live 9". Setting was A+2. If Team Colibri or anyone else would like, I can send the sonar file. Just not understanding what I'm doing wrong. Everyone else's shots are super clean and clear, and Im not getting that at all. Bad transducer, module? Been working on this for weeks

2. Member
    experiment with transducer position. slight angles in how the boat rides in the water can impact the clarity.

3. Member
    The fuzzymidle-line hints to turbulence hitting the transducer. You might want to think about repositioning or adjusting your transducer.

4. Member
    Ill take some pics of the transducer location tomorrow and post them. Definitely don't mind moving it if it will help.

5. Member

Above are some before and after images of my transducer location. Boat is a 93 Ranger 361. Based on some other videos I've seen, I'm thinking maybe my transducer was sitting too low, and that would account for the turbulence. Any thoughts on the new placement would be much appreciated. Will likely be a few days before I can hit the water and see if it makes a difference.

6. Member
    I posted the pics out of order. Pic 1 and 3 are the new location. 2 and 4 are where it has been.

7. Member
    I have mine mounted just under the jack plate in the center and do not have the fuzz, but does not work on plane
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

8. Member
    I would start by kicking the rear end of the xdcr down perhaps a quarter inch

9. Member
    I think I see a list next to the transducer, that is probably to source of the turbulence.

10. Member
    By list do you mean it looks tilted?

11. Member
    List, strake, uneven bottom of the hull. :)