SS3D Guru's I need a little counsel

So I replaced my LSS-2 module and transducer with a used SS3D module and transducer. I was using the LSS-2 with a HDS gen 3 9. When I finally wired all the SS3D Mod and transducer up to power and hooked them up to my gen 3 9 via the network cable, there was no lights flashing on the SS3D mod. I checked to make sure the wiring was good on the mod power cable and the fuse was good but still no lights. Not sure why. I am running 7.0 on my gen 3 because the 18.2 update made my unit freeze up. Don't know if that is the problem or not.

Any suggestions?

2. Member
    What did you do with the yellow wire in the modules powercable? To same yellow in the HDS?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    What did you do with the yellow wire in the modules powercable? To same yellow in the HDS?
    Did not do anything with either one of the yellow wires. I just hooked up the red to positive (with fuse) and black to negative. They are both hooked to a Outdoor Amped 30Ah lithium battery. The HDS turns on, but the module has no lights.

4. Member

Yellow wire has to be hooked to a switch or the unit

5. Member
    Thank you for your help. I thought if I was not installing a switch, I would not have to connect the yellow wire. I will connect the yellow and red wires together.
    Thank you

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurejack View Post
    Thank you for your help. I thought if I was not installing a switch, I would not have to connect the yellow wire. I will connect the yellow and red wires together.
    Thank you
    Make sure you have a way to turn it off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    Make sure you have a way to turn it off.
    I do. I have quick disconnects and the battery is under my console. I have to keep my boat outside so I disconnect all my units and batteries and bring them inside. It's a pain but it protects all my high dollar electronics. I think all of them together are worth more than my bassboat...lol
    Thank you.

8. Member
    So My SS3D module still does not show lights when I hook it to power. I tested the power cable with a circuit tester while connected to the battery and one of the 4 pin inserts in the plug lit up and the other 3 did not. I'm assuming that is correct. I twisted the yellow wire and red wire together going to positive side of battery. Black to negative. Fuse is good. I checked all connections to the 3D transducer, the ethernet cable and power cable to the mod. I also connected the ethernet cable from the module to my Lowrance gen 3 9 unit. The current software is the 7.0 version. But I do not see lights on the mod and the gen 3 does not show a connection to the mod/ducer.
    What am I missing?

9. Member
    It sounds like you have done all the testing possible and your module is no good. What else is there? You did say it was used.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    Thanks NoCal. In the end, I tried an old power cord from my LSS-2 and low and behold....it worked. So the new cord was defective in some way not the module. Go figure. But I am relieved that was all it was.