guide spacing chart

Hi guys,, I realize guide spacing charts are not gospel and are just a place to start .. where can I find charts other than CRB to get an idea of average placements... thanks , Mychael

2. Member
    Why not just use static distribution to set your guides, a lot faster and it makes no difference what kind of rod you are building.

3. Member
    actually I will be using the static distribution test to tidy everything up but just want to see if there is an average starting point

rodbuilding.org
    look in the library section, great info there, and great guys to help out

5. Member
    Here's what I do for anything 7' and up casting M-H. Glue on the tip...3.25 to the next guide then 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6...from here I just play with the spacing until I get my stripper between 16 and 19" to the reel, maybe I go 7, 8, 9 or 7.5, 8.5, 9.5...doesn't matter much that far down the blank. Depending on the length of the rod you'll have 10 or 11 guides plus the tip. If it's a H (or MH on the heavier side) do 3.5 from the tip and then the same down to the stripper. I doubt you'll even move anything when you static test it.

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Here's what I do for anything 7' and up casting M-H. Glue on the tip...3.25 to the next guide then 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6...from here I just play with the spacing until I get my stripper between 16 and 19" to the reel, maybe I go 7, 8, 9 or 7.5, 8.5, 9.5...doesn't matter much that far down the blank. Depending on the length of the rod you'll have 10 or 11 guides plus the tip. If it's a H (or MH on the heavier side) do 3.5 from the tip and then the same down to the stripper. I doubt you'll even move anything when you static test it.

I used this method(willwork's) on my last rod and it works very well. Good info willwork4fish is giving here!