Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snag_Devil View Post
    I tried some Tatsu 6lb fluoro on a spinning reel and had terrible time with line twist. Then a buddy of mine asked me how I spooled it up and I realized it was not the fault of the line. I'd imagine I'm not alone in this. Why someone doesn't make an easy mandrel to mount a spinning spool to a drill is beyond me.
    I've got an idea for something I plan to test out this weekend to see if it will work for spinning spools to mount to a drill. If it works I will report back. I was looking at some 3 jaw self centering chucks like you'd use for a lathe and those are nice but you'd still need to modify it to get it to work with a drill. I hope my idea works out, if so it is like 5 bucks in material and a little bit of time.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I've got an idea for something I plan to test out this weekend to see if it will work for spinning spools to mount to a drill. If it works I will report back. I was looking at some 3 jaw self centering chucks like you'd use for a lathe and those are nice but you'd still need to modify it to get it to work with a drill. I hope my idea works out, if so it is like 5 bucks in material and a little bit of time.
    I take a socket the same size as spool and tape it on and use drill all the time for spin reels.

3. Member
    I always use strait fluorocarbon on all spinning reels lay spool on floor load some stop check for twist flip if needed when finished run hot tap water over spool help line things up.
    make Shure line roller on the bail is operating correctly oil if needed .
    go fishing cast and return bail by hand every time never turn handle to flip bail down

4. Member
    That's a good thought DaveBrabec. I might see if I can find something that lines up. I like expensive reels, especially spinning, so jamming something metal in the spool makes me hesitate a bit. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12