Triton Import to South Africa

I owe a Triton 176 Explorer but I want to upgrade to a bigger boat. I am in the market for 18TRX size boat.

1) Can someone explain the difference between 18TRX and 189 TRX according to Triton website both are 18'8" with 94" beam ; is the layout the same ?
    2) Is the TR-186 series discontinued ; if so when ?
    3) I want to import the hull & trailer only ; and need to get talking to a Triton dealer please can someone recommend a sales person / dealer ?
    4) As a option is it possible to purchase used Triton boat only without motor? I suppose a dealer will sell the hull & trailer without a motor.

Thanks

2. Member
    Greetings, sir. I believe the folks at (board sponsor) Bunch Marine over here have experience exporting out of CONUS and should be able to address your Triton questions accurately. Their contact information, etc. is here: https://bunchmarine.com/.

3. Member
    The 189 TRX and 18 TRX generally have the same layout although the Tournament Edition package has 2 independent live wells in place of a divided live well.

The maximum h.p. rating is 175 for the 189 and 200 for the 18 even though size and weightier identical. No logical reason that I can tell.

I do not know the answer to your other questions but believe you would be happy with either model. I chose the 18 TRX because I wanted the 4.6 liter V8 engine.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 11-22-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    I also recommend Bunch Marine and Jeff White as the salesman. My wife is from Polokwane so more than happy to help or answer any questions you may have.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

5. Member
    Thanks to all the replies I just dropped a mail to Bunch Marine.

6. Member
    Thanks to all the replies I just dropped a mail to Bunch Marine.