Cell phone service at Camp Mack

Our club is going to Camp Mack for a few days in January. It has been several years since we have been there and when we were there last the cell phone service was just about nonexistent. Has it gotten any better over the years.

I got a call from Camp Mack yesterday telling me that if we want to hold an informal club tournament we have to use their stage to do the weigh-in and have to pay $75 for a release boat and two guys to operate it. They don't allow weigh-ins anywhere on their property but on that stage.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I fished a tourney out of Kissimmee yesterday. Verizon has the best coverage, they’re just not cheap. I had full service at camp Mack, hatch, cypress, and everywhere in between.

You have to do release boats since they're in a canal, have to take the fish to the bigger...canal
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    Our club is going to Camp Mack for a few days in January. It has been several years since we have been there and when we were there last the cell phone service was just about nonexistent. Has it gotten any better over the years.

I got a call from Camp Mack yesterday telling me that if we want to hold an informal club tournament we have to use their stage to do the weigh-in and have to pay $75 for a release boat and two guys to operate it. They don't allow weigh-ins anywhere on their property but on that stage.
    I switched over to Verizon for that same experience on the Kissimmee chain. I have since switched to Xfinity mobile and it works fine.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

4. Banned
    Liars Lodge now has WIFI so cell phone calling is no longer a problem.

5. Member
    Casslaw how did you do in the tx?

on our 2 day, we did our weigh in on the river. beached our boats right in front of camp Mack canal.

7. Banned
    Ive been going there since I was a kid ( now 50 ) and we always weighed in at the parking lot under the trees. We released the fish at the beach next to the ramp. Its an open bay with canals. What are they going to do call the weigh in police?

I get using a release boat when needed by the way. They are just trying to be greedy. Since it has gone corporate it has gone down the tubes. The whole damn place looks like a retirement village in the winter

8. Member
    I agree with your comments, what use to be a great Hidden Gem to go outdoors and get away from the everyday hustle has turned into a commercial draw for Cranky Yankees.
    The management there is a joke, Especially the Head Natzi Witch. Saddens me to see the changes over the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Ive been going there since I was a kid ( now 50 ) and we always weighed in at the parking lot under the trees. We released the fish at the beach next to the ramp. Its an open bay with canals. What are they going to do call the weigh in police?

I get using a release boat when needed by the way. They are just trying to be greedy. Since it has gone corporate it has gone down the tubes. The whole damn place looks like a retirement village in the winter

UMM yes. We fished there last year with our small club (7 boats), not knowing about their new rule changes. We continued on with our weigh-in after being told that we have to use their boat to put the fish back. And yes they threatened to call the FWC if we did not comply. They were really jerks about it.

As far as cell service, i have sprint and had no issues on the water. It was real slow at the hotel.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

10. Member

It has lost the feel of an old style fish camp. It has been invaded.

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Casslaw how did you do in the tx?
    Sorry Gambler I didn’t see your ? I won the coangler side, should’ve won overall but I couldn’t put that 5th fish in the boat to save my life. The weather was downright horrible! That NW wind was at least 20 knots and it rained from the second I stepped out of my truck.

I used to go there every weekend when I was a kid but haven’t been in the Kissimmee canal in 20 years, my lord has it grown! A couple of those little doves had nothing in them last time I was there and now there are campgrounds with 100 boat slips. Made me sad to see it like that.

Wind and weather was so bad 3 of the 4 I weighed in were retreads caught in the canal.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Member
    I've got a place on one of the canals on the river. Haven't been there in months. Too crowded especially this time of year.. Congrats on your tx..

I Agree that what we always did. Now they want the bass on stage to draw people to by food and beer from there shop
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo