Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Whether you believe or do not believe in climate change or the root cause of climate change, it is pretty irrelevant in terms of electric vehicles. If consumer trends hold, it is very likely that these vehicles will become increasingly popular among consumers. With so many manufacturers adding EV's to their lineup, at considerable costs, they obviously think that is where the future consumer demand is. Would you have rather bought Chevron stock a year ago or TSLA? Look at both stocks and you can see where the market thinks the growth is.
    Future legislation has a huge impact on Wallstreet. Unfortunately, the average American doesn't find out about legislation, that takes months/years to get through Congress, in time to leverage the information. Proposed "green" legislation is driving TSLA's value as much or more than the technology. Congress critters aren't getting rich on salary alone.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Future legislation has a huge impact on Wallstreet. Unfortunately, the average American doesn't find out about legislation, that takes months/years to get through Congress, in time to leverage the information. Proposed "green" legislation is driving TSLA's value as much or more than the technology. Congress critters aren't getting rich on salary alone.
    This is a generally true statement but I don’t think it applies to Tesla at all. Their technology is 100% the driving force behind their value. Does a “green” narrative help, probably. But as a company they grew exponentially under the current administration which was not “green” at all. Their value lies in being perceived as a company that is years ahead of the competition and could potentially dominate an industry (or multiple industries) in the same manner that Apple does.

3. Member

4. Banned

5. Member
    ABML- $ .15 a share. Buy as much as you can. Will be worth $10-$15 a share in the future!!

6. Member
    17 pages - have we sorted this out yet?
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Member
    aren't power plants bad? going to take lots more to charge up all the electric cars? nuclear not allowed either?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Muh science, more than two genders, life doesn't begin with conception, anything else you want to tell us about science?

funny that the part of society that can't figure out what restroom to use accuses the other part of being anti science and flat earthers????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

9. Member
    heres a good litmus test for any business if you cant make it without getting a subsidy from the govt then shut it down look at all the big solar businesses that were built with subsidies and went out of business because they couldnt make it on the product they were selling.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    aren't power plants bad? going to take lots more to charge up all the electric cars? nuclear not allowed either?
    Thats why I think the hydrogen will rise to the top for heavy haul and distance driving. I can't imagine the electrical system needed for a place like Iowa 80 truckstop with 900 parking spots. If they end up using some of the Tesla type fast charge modes, imagine 900 spots at 200-400 amps each.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    heres a good litmus test for any business if you cant make it without getting a subsidy from the govt then shut it down look at all the big solar businesses that were built with subsidies and went out of business because they couldnt make it on the product they were selling.

actually, they got fed money and gave it to political party for the favor legal money laundering
    MAGA

12. Member
    I got the little magnet thing that clips over my gas line. And I burn a little water from time to time. I’m good.

13. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    17 pages - have we sorted this out yet?
    jeezz...I created a monster

14. Banned
    I believe electric vehicles are the future. But, what needs to happen is a viable, self contained, safe means of on board electric generation. Whether that's from hydrogen cells or some other not invented yet means, who knows.

We're still years, decades even, away from electric being mainstream. Motor efficiency, battery tech and power generation all need time to mature.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617