Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Faith in our country is a "magic solution"?
    . Actually what you have faith in is science to come up with an answer. And there's a chance it won't be US science.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    hydrogen will rise to the top - many companies are trying to perfect making hydrogen without releasing co2 in the process. once they can scale and package hydrogen production nothing else will be able to compete. The CO2 shortage caused by the pandemic has put a lot more energy into getting this done. I work in the bulk and packaged gas world a lot of unseen consequences come from not making alcohol for gasoline when there is no demand.
    May I ask what are the consequences of a alcohol shortage?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    I own some myself. Tell your buddy the scary thing about owning any China stock is that at any point the Chinese government can step in and regulate/tax the crap out of them for the government’s best interest. Have him research Alibaba regulation.
    Our own gubernment has stepped in on multiple occasions and destroyed a company just because the company was a great success. Our gubernment wants to be the only monopoly for giving the people the shaft.

4. Member
    saw a news story that said the trend of the future would be that no one owns vehicles at all. That we would just summon what we need, it would arrive, do the job then leave (automated)

said that vehicles sit non-used 94% of the time, and that the space we would save parking vehicles would be substantial

Electric is coming for sure
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Not against an EV vehicle. But people need to realize how much pollution is involved in the making of the batteries. If the Green thing is their reason for buying one. Also most that get these vehicles are trying to help the environment. But most power is either from coal or natural gas. Wind and solar are just a speck as of right now. Also the Government gives Big tax breaks for buying these vehicles. Take that away and then figure really how much they cost.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Waiting to see their tractor that will pull a 20 ft chisel plow. Better yet power a combine....
    I would think an electric tractor would be more reliable, efficient, and less breakdowns. You could remove the engine and transmission. Those are probably 20-60k each. With all the gear cases etc a tractor loses power easily. PTO is 85% of engine output, and power to the wheels is 85% of that. 300 engine horse is (roughly)216 wheel hp. Electric would get rid of all the worry about emissions stuff, filters, oils etc. I wouldn't be opposed to electric if battery life was ok. I think there would be a lot less down time and repairs.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Our own gubernment has stepped in on multiple occasions and destroyed a company just because the company was a great success. Our gubernment wants to be the only monopoly for giving the people the shaft.
    A-greed

8. Member
    I have my 2024 EV F150 on preorder at tackle warehouse and yes it will have a 19 inch electronics screen and spot lock
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    There was no gas infrastructure either when the horse less carriage started, or electric service when it started...one thing I wont doubt is this countries ability to do things.
    Things were growing much slower back then. Now it will cost billions and take forever to upgrade the infrastructure, right-of-ways, and build new power plants.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingfarmer View Post
    I would think an electric tractor would be more reliable, efficient, and less breakdowns. You could remove the engine and transmission. Those are probably 20-60k each. With all the gear cases etc a tractor loses power easily. PTO is 85% of engine output, and power to the wheels is 85% of that. 300 engine horse is (roughly)216 wheel hp. Electric would get rid of all the worry about emissions stuff, filters, oils etc. I wouldn't be opposed to electric if battery life was ok. I think there would be a lot less down time and repairs.
    I've run more than a few 12-16 hour days on a tractor, just stopping to refuel and eat. I don't see that happening with ev's, unless they have easily replaceable battery packs. I don't see the charging technology getting there, unless the battery tech is changed.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    Things were growing much slower back then. Now it will cost billions and take forever to upgrade the infrastructure, right-of-ways, and build new power plants.
    Not to mention the fact that the combustion engine powered carriage came first, then the infrastructure. Not the other way around.

All infrastructure construction was driven by the fact that the internal combustion engine is far more useful, capable, and practical, at powering a carriage than the horse is. That is not the case with a battery powered electric motor over a combustion engine.

All desire to change is politically driven; Therein lies the issue.

There are still plenty of concerns.

Majority of people can't afford one, even when prices come down.
    Electricity demands will go up along with everyone's cost of electricity, some who can't afford it.
    New power plants will be needed.
    Electric vehicle owners will need to pay a road use tax, equivalent to the gasoline tax currently being paid.
    Range and charging locations are lacking, and a huge inconvenience, especially if pulling a boat.
    They need to be able to completely replace ICE vehicles, not just supplement them.

I have been surprised at how much market Tesla has gotten in the past few years in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I see a ton of them now. Heck even out here in the country 40-50 mikes from DFW i see a fair amount.

14. Member
    Technology will evolve as it meets economic and legislatively mandated standards. Not too long ago we were discussing the end of the manufacture of pickup trucks due to gas mileage standards and low and behold, they figured it out. 20mpg towing a boat? whud a thunk it. Here is an interesting read on battery technology. Lots are just around the corner. https://www.greencitytimes.com/next-...ion-batteries/
    Last edited by Squire; 11-22-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I have been surprised at how much market Tesla has gotten in the past few years in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I see a ton of them now. Heck even out here in the country 40-50 mikes from DFW i see a fair amount.
    Those folks are the ones that moved from California to Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Those folks are the ones that moved from California to Texas

Not all of them. I know a lot of Texas natives with EVs.

17. Member
    An EV would work well for my wife. Her round trip to work each day is 20 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Have you seen what it takes to mine lithium? Wait till the new deal people see lol.
    I want to see the battery power bucket loaders that need to mine the raw materials
    ...Greg

19. Member
    Progress is a funny thing. Boats used to sport one over the other. IMG_1714.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    An EV would work well for my wife. Her round trip to work each day is 20 miles.
    Hell, my wife can't even remember to plug in her phone at night. Mine is not a strong candidate for EV lol
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast