Thread: My 2021 ZXR20

My 2021 ZXR20

After owning just about every 20-21' Skeeter model over the last 15 years or so I decided to get a 2021 ZXR20 after seeing them up close and personal at the Classic this year as it really impressed me a lot. I was in a 2019 ZX250 which I loved. With COVID and Skeeter closing down they were in pretty short supply and was just gonna order one and wait it out. Luckily the exact color came in to my dealer a couple of month ago that was unassigned. It was the boat that Skeeter used for their catalog shoots. It had never been used on the water just in the studio.
    It came with the Atlas hydrailic jackplate and I had them add the 2 Power Pole Blades. The rest is stock. I loved the color even better in person than I did in the catalog.
    I have been very impressed with this boat and in my own opinion its been my favorite Skeeter model so far. Absolute blast to drive. I have never had a complaint about the ride on any of my Skeeters but this one lived up to the hype I heard prior to getting it ride wise. To me its the best riding Skeeter I have been in. Rough water ride is great. Its totally different than previous Skeeter hulls and you really have to drive the ZXRs to get all that they have out of them. I have hit 76 in it and I still feel like it can get another mph or two. Holeshot is crazy good. Love the dash layout and of course it has the Skeeter signature layout. Fishability is awesome. I LOVE the seats......they are comfortable and the built in handles are a great feature. I id not know how I would like the remote plug but it is one of those things that you will wonder how you lived without it. The rear compartment accessability is a great improvement too. The glassed in drink holders on floor are handy too.
    The trailer is built well and I like the Skeeter/ZXR cutouts. This is probably the easiest loading Skeeter I have owned as well. None gave me any issues but this trailer just seems to loads super easy. I love the way the boat looks on and off the trailer. Its just sharp to me. As I said earlier this is not the Skeeter of old.

Only dislikes I have is the cooler lid. It just is a bad design and I expect to have one or two break just like I have on my other models that used that lid. I had a bit of excess carpet glue on inside of hull near passenger seat that had to be removed. It was a lot more on the interior than should have been. The rest of the fit and finish was really good.

Here are a couple quick pictures at the ramp.

2. Member
    Congratulations!

3. Member
    Nice write up Mark. One of these days they will get rid of that style cooler lid. Congrats on the beautiful rig!

4. Member
    that's AWESOME!!!

5. Member
    I really wanna spend a day in one of these. I have never been a big skeeter fan and have always been happy with my Champion but I REALLY REALLY love this deck layout and topcap

6. Member
    Man ohhh Man, just get ready. Once you ride in it your going to buy one. No doubt.

7. Member
    Awesome! Nice boat! Thank you for the write up, If all goes well My wife and I will be ordering a ZXR20 soon, hopefully by Christmas as long as we get our ducks in a row... This will be my first dedicated bass boat as I have been fishing out of a multi species boat for the last 12 years..We are excited lol

Thanks guys...love that 20' 4" length, can handle big water but can still get around Fork as well as dock fish and still manuever easily.

9. Member
    Good looking boat Mark. Nice, honest review

10. Member
    Great looking rig Mark.

Appreciate the review.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

11. Banned
    Great looking boat! I am waiting for my ZXR21 to be delivered sometime this month. I do have one question, where is the net stored on these boats. I have watched every video about boat, but haven't seen any of them talk about the net storage in the ZXR.

Quote Originally Posted by PFlowers74 View Post
    Great looking boat! I am waiting for my ZXR21 to be delivered sometime this month. I do have one question, where is the net stored on these boats. I have watched every video about boat, but haven't seen any of them talk about the net storage in the ZXR.

I store mine in starboard side locker when not in use.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    After owning just about every 20-21' Skeeter model over the last 15 years or so I decided to get a 2021 ZXR20 after seeing them up close and personal at the Classic this year as it really impressed me a lot. I was in a 2019 ZX250 which I loved. With COVID and Skeeter closing down they were in pretty short supply and was just gonna order one and wait it out. Luckily the exact color came in to my dealer a couple of month ago that was unassigned. It was the boat that Skeeter used for their catalog shoots. It had never been used on the water just in the studio.
    It came with the Atlas hydrailic jackplate and I had them add the 2 Power Pole Blades. The rest is stock. I loved the color even better in person than I did in the catalog.
    I have been very impressed with this boat and in my own opinion its been my favorite Skeeter model so far. Absolute blast to drive. I have never had a complaint about the ride on any of my Skeeters but this one lived up to the hype I heard prior to getting it ride wise. To me its the best riding Skeeter I have been in. Rough water ride is great. Its totally different than previous Skeeter hulls and you really have to drive the ZXRs to get all that they have out of them. I have hit 76 in it and I still feel like it can get another mph or two. Holeshot is crazy good. Love the dash layout and of course it has the Skeeter signature layout. Fishability is awesome. I LOVE the seats......they are comfortable and the built in handles are a great feature. I id not know how I would like the remote plug but it is one of those things that you will wonder how you lived without it. The rear compartment accessability is a great improvement too. The glassed in drink holders on floor are handy too.
    The trailer is built well and I like the Skeeter/ZXR cutouts. This is probably the easiest loading Skeeter I have owned as well. None gave me any issues but this trailer just seems to loads super easy. I love the way the boat looks on and off the trailer. Its just sharp to me. As I said earlier this is not the Skeeter of old.

Only dislikes I have is the cooler lid. It just is a bad design and I expect to have one or two break just like I have on my other models that used that lid. I had a bit of excess carpet glue on inside of hull near passenger seat that had to be removed. It was a lot more on the interior than should have been. The rest of the fit and finish was really good.

Here are a couple quick pictures at the ramp.

first, sweet boat and congratulations. Have a question, I am torn between the ZXR an FXR. I have several quotes now from the dealers, but my question was did you add an extraneous pro series 2 power pole or those blades. The quote I received is an extra $1600 for the pro series 2 and about $4000 to replace with 2 blades. I don’t think the blades are worth an extra $2400

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech32 View Post
    first, sweet boat and congratulations. Have a question, I am torn between the ZXR an FXR. I have several quotes now from the dealers, but my question was did you add an extraneous pro series 2 power pole or those blades. The quote I received is an extra $1600 for the pro series 2 and about $4000 to replace with 2 blades. I don’t think the blades are worth an extra $2400

Yes, they gave me trade in credit for the Power Pole it came with. I prefer Blades so I added them. I wiol say it did not cost me anywhere near $4000 more. You might be better off removing the Power Pole it comes with and selling it then buy the 2 new Blades. You can get much better deals than $4000.

15. Banned
    Thanks for the info. So they don't have a dedicated place the to store the net i gather. I haven't been able to see one in person yet as there aren't many Skeeter dealers near me.

16. Member
    Nice ride, Mark!! Congrats!