Thread: Network Switch

Network Switch

I created a Garmin Marine Network using the switch from Garmin. When I connected everything, it did not work. It appears the switch is not working. I checked the power connection and fuse. Looks fine but no lights. Am I missing something?

2. Member
    Are you talking about the GMS-10

3. Member
    When you turn on your units and they boot up it will switch on the GMS-10.
    You should then see lights (LEDS)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    Are you talking about the GMS-10
    Yes.

5. Member
    This morning, I set everything up on the workbench and started making connections one at a time. Was able to determine that the GMS-10 was working. Here was the culprit, my Ultra 106sv was connected to the Black Box using the small network cable that is plugged into the Black Box. An adapter cable is used on the other end to go from the small network cable to RJ45. Adding another adaptor on the other end of the small network cable and attaching it to the network switch did not work. I don't know if that configuration will transfer data, but it will not let the Ultra turn the network switch on. The network switch was supplied with a cable with RJ45 on both ends ends and that worked. I still have a problem connecting the Ultra from the bow cradle because I am trying to use a small network cable with adapters on both ends and the Ultra will not turn on the network switch from the bow position. May just order a Garmin cable with RJ45's on both ends! There is plenty of room to run the cable.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think the small network cable/adapters are only for the Livescope.....that's the problem there. Your head unit(s) will be the one to "turn on" the GMS10, not a LS box.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Pretty sure I am using my small network cable to go from my front ultra to the GMS-10. When I first got livescope I bought a small network extension and coupling to reach the black box mounted under the dash. It is a network cable but with small connectors? Anyhow I have network cables coming from 3 ultras to the GLS10 and one from the black box to the GLS10.