Upgrade Minn Kota Edge to Ulterra - easy or hard

I have a 2021 Tracker 195 that came with a Minn Kota Edge trolling motor and I want to upgrade to an Ulterra or Ultrex. If looks like the Ultrex is closer in size to the Edge. Will the bolt holes line up on the bow? Is the electrical connector the same? Of course I will need to add a second battery for 24 volts. I am pretty handy with mechanical and electrical but is this something that I should get a professional to install?
    Last edited by mwdilday; 11-21-2020 at 09:27 PM.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

Piece of cake, you will need to drill new holes if the existing holes does not line up, that's a piece of cake as well, as for connector you can just swap them over from the Edge to whatever TM your going to get. Don't waste your money having someone install it, I've had 4 different TM on my bass tracker..

3. Member
    Thanks Simon. Just ordered the Ultrex 24 volt I-Pilot Link 52" MDI from Hodges Marine.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

4. Member
    How do you get to the nuts under the deck?
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

5. Member
    My last boat came with minn Kota maxxum, I replaced it with Ultrex and holes lined up perfectly. As for the nuts, I have never been in the front of a tracker 195 but if it has a bow panel remove it to access the nuts otherwise may have to remove trolling motor recess to gain access. There is a way tracker had to gain access to rig the boat.

6. Member
    Thanks. I saw on another thread after posting this question that they had to remove the foot pedal recess like you suggested. Thanks.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.