Thread: Lake Seminole

Lake Seminole

Never been and considering fishing it for a week or so. Any advice on navigating? I don’t mind going slow. Is it worth a trip now?

The channels on both the Flint and the Chattahoochee as well as Spring Creek are well marked but, especially on Spring Creek, you can not get a foot out of the channel. The big thing to remember is when you go through a set of channel markers immediately locate your next set. If you don't see them right away, come off plane.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

3. Member
    If you're flexible with your schedule I would hold off for just a few weeks. The lake is still in its fall slump but that is changing quickly as we keep getting these colder nights and the grass continues to die off. Another good cold front and the massive hydrilla fields will be just isolated clumps which will concentrate the bass. That's when the lake fishes like it's famous for

4. Member
    I’m wanting to go now as I’m between residences and living in my truck camper for a couple months.....boat in tow of course.
    I’m definitely flexible though and can spend more time if I wait until December. Thanks for the advice.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    The channels on both the Flint and the Chattahoochee as well as Spring Creek are well marked but, especially on Spring Creek, you can not get a foot out of the channel. The big thing to remember is when you go through a set of channel markers immediately locate your next set. If you don't see them right away, come off plane.
    I've been waiting for this moment since spring ended. Make sure you shoot a few flares and send a couple of smoke signals when this happens. I'll be on the way from Pensacola as soon as I can.

6. Member
    Anyone been out lately? Gonna make a trip that way Monday depending on how much rain we get between now and then.

7. Member
    I was planning on getting out there one day next week. If you go Monday the forecast looks pretty favorable. It's rained off and on all day today with more rain tomorrow and Saturday. A guy I fish with went Tuesday and caught them on lipless cranks and jerkbaits. Water temp was upper 50's everywhere he went

8. Member
    I'll be headed out tomorrow. Been a few weeks since I've been out there. I'll post a report here afterward

9. Member
    Hit the lake for a few hours today. Water was beautiful and the fish were biting. Caught 4 for about 12lbs. Love this time of year. Fish are just fat little footballs. Water was low 50's and VERY clear. I caught them on a 3.8 keitech in about 6 feet deep grass near the dam.

One of my chunks..
    Screenshot_20210118-174654_Gallery.jpg

10. Member
    Nice job thanks for the report!
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Hit the lake for a few hours today. Water was beautiful and the fish were biting. Caught 4 for about 12lbs. Love this time of year. Fish are just fat little footballs. Water was low 50's and VERY clear. I caught them on a 3.8 keitech in about 6 feet deep grass near the dam.

One of my chunks..
    Screenshot_20210118-174654_Gallery.jpg
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

12. Member
    Forgot to add. I rigged them on a 1/4 oz underspin with silver blade. Color was "Pro Blue Shiner" but I don't really think that mattered much. Any color that's good for clear water probably would have caught the same fish.