Help !! My Ultrex keeps turning off

Crazy thing. My Ultrex now at least 50% of the time will light up and turn off after about 3 seconds. Then out of no where it will stay on and work fine. It has progressively got worse each trip. My guess is that it might be common and easily fixed . any ideas?

Thanks for the tips.

Check the connections on the switch, to the plug, to the breaker and the battery connections. Sounds like one of them is not tight and only making contact sometimes. OR, it could be a bad switch too.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Check the connections on the switch, to the plug, to the breaker and the battery connections. Sounds like one of them is not tight and only making contact sometimes. OR, it could be a bad switch too.
    Will do

Did you figure the problem out?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    I had the opposite problem. Mine would come on by itself in the off position. The switch would be in the off position but the light would be on. Rather than have it fixed under warranty, I ordered a switch and put it in. I unscrewed the pedal and took the bottom plate off to replace it. In hindsight, I probably could have pried out the old switch. I may have broken the retaining clips, but the new switch has new ones on it and it just pops in from the top.

6. Member
    If it turns on by its self its the switch, if it goes off by its self its either a connection or board problem. Ultrex switch works opposite of most other switches in that if you unplug it the unit will come on if power is connected to it.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]