Ranger rt178 storage modifications

Anybody out there modified there rt178 interested in learning new ideas and would love pictures ...very interested to see if anyone else has cut out those tiny pathetic storage tubs in the rear and enlarged them thats on my to do list

currently i have installed both consoles out of a 2020 198 in my 178 and the 198 coin box in between my seats

i made tbe second console removable so i can replace it with my third center seat for bobber fishing or another seat in general

i also removed front tubs and installed carpet under my deck and lighting ...

im also selling my original console out of the 178

I would love to see what everyone else has done
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DGoss1151; 12-16-2020 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Add pictures

2. Member
    I made one of the rear tube more watertight . I took it out and added drains in the corners of the aluminum deck, connected clear tubing routing it to the bilge . So far no water has gotten in there .

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DGoss1151 View Post
    Anybody out there modified there rt178 interested in learning new ideas and would love pictures ...very interested to see if anyone else has cut out those tiny pathetic storage tubs in the rear and enlarged them thats on my to do list

currently i have installed both consoles out of a 2020 198 in my 178 and the 198 coin box in between my seats

i made tbe second console removable so i can replace it with my third center seat for bobber fishing or another seat in general

i also removed front tubs and installed carpet under my deck and lighting ...

im also selling my original console out of the 178

Does anyone know someone willing to sell a bass pro worm binder the large size i have multiple of the double sided ones but need a single large size

I would love to see what everyone else has done
    Put up some pics of that bad boy.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Put up some pics of that bad boy.