Carpet in storage

Ordered the new boat but Ive got some time to make some decisions. Does anyone add the carpet to the front boxes, its not a cheap option, but I have it in my Champ and keeps things quiet. Just want some input thanks

Think I'd rather have something like seadek. I understand they are dry storage but sooner or later they will get wet. Something other than carpet would dry faster.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

The way the boxes and deck are constructed we don’t think the pinning sound transfers like it does in other bass boat construction(s).

4. Member
    They’re gonna get wet inside if you fish in the rain and are in and out of the tackle box. Jmo, carpet in the storage boxes in the front isn’t worth the risk of holding water and causing corrosion on hooks. With that said, your new 203 has a fan under the front deck to help dry out front compartments. Congrats and welcome to the family!
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

5. Member
    Ill save my money then, probably put it in tackle, thanks

6. Member
    my boat has carpet in boxes, pain to keep clean with vacuum --with they were glass
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools