Lake Fork questions

My 2 sons and a friend are planning a trip to Fork (driving Saturday Nov 28, fishing 4 days and then driving home.....we are in Alabama).

1) Can someone recommend a decent place to stay. It doesn't have to be top notch.....just safe & decently clean.
    2) Can someone recommend a good guide....not looking for a nice guy, looking for someone who can put them on some fish.
    3) Are the fish biting?.....if so, can you give me an idea of what so they will know what to pack (topwater, crankbaits, bottom baits, swim baits)?

Thanks for any help,

My cell or text is 205-282-1425
    My email is clvrtsm@bellsouth.net

2. Member
    Lake Fork Marina- super clean, great tackle store, ramp, good food. And the best is that November is customer appreciation month and the rooms are $58.

Lot of good reputable guides. Several out of Lake Fork Marina. This time of the year you don't have too many of the weekend guides you see in the spring.

Get a hold of one of the guides and ask them about what's working. LFM has a list of guides. I was down there two weeks ago and it was tough but still managed a couple decent ones.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    Of the hundreds of guides on lake Fork, Jason Conn is probably the best. He can get you a lodging discount as well.
    972-529-8758

4. Bobby8
    The Burning Stump is nice. Just stayed there again 2 weeks ago. Owner Rich is a great guy and a fisherman. Clean rooms and covered parking at your room. Rich stays on site and will take care of you. You can check out the results of the Elites from the tournament there 2 weeks ago and watch it on line to get an idea of how the lake is fishing.

5. Member
    Thank you all guys....especially the phone call!!!!! That is above and beyond.
    Even though I am not coming, this is a very important trip to me. My oldest son is getting married this spring and instead of going off and partying, he is taking his little brother and his best friend that he met in college to Lake Fork to fish for 4 days (I didn't make that same decision before I married).
    Keep any information coming you can think of. I do appreciate it.