Thread: 2 20K Recliners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    been thinking of buying a rig like this, how long does it take you to set up at camp site?

2. Member
    Setting up is the easy part. There’s a 30” hitch extension that is best to come off the truck if you’re gonna stay in one place for a while. It’s a bear to put on and take off. Putting the Host back on the truck is the hard part if you’re a perfectionist like me.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhooker View Post
    Setting up is the easy part. There’s a 30” hitch extension that is best to come off the truck if you’re gonna stay in one place for a while. It’s a bear to put on and take off. Putting the Host back on the truck is the hard part if you’re a perfectionist like me.
    I have often wondered how hard is was to get squared back up and under it

Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    been thinking of buying a rig like this, how long does it take you to set up at camp site?
    My wife and I can load or unload the camper faster than most others take to set up a trailer. We can unload and set up or load up in 15 to 20 minutes. With the electric jacks it easy to lift off truck and let down and level the camper. After doing it a few times its fairly easy you just need to be careful. Just make sure the camper is high enough, center truck with camper and back straight in with small adjustments as needed. There are those that never unload their camper but we always unload it unless we might be staying just one night. Thats one of the nice things about a truck camper compared to a trailer or motorhome. You can haul a boat or ATV's on a trailer. Unload camper and have the truck for loading and unloading boat or going to town for supplies or going sightseeing without breaking camp.
    Someone mentioned that the hitch was hard to take off. Maybe if you have chains and a double hitch but my truck has a factory 15K hitch with a 2 1/2" receiver. I use a 24'" extension which is good for 6000# and only has 1 pin so it is easy to install or remove.
    Last edited by billsnp5; 01-11-2021 at 09:42 PM.

2013 721 Phoenix 250 Optimax Pro XS
    2020 Ram 3500
    2021 Host Cascade Truck Camper

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by billsnp5 View Post
    My wife and I can load or unload the camper faster than most others take to set up a trailer. We can unload and set up or load up in 15 to 20 minutes. With the electric jacks it easy to lift off truck and let down and level the camper. After doing it a few times its fairly easy you just need to be careful. Just make sure the camper is high enough, center truck with camper and back straight in with small adjustments as needed. There are those that never unload their camper but we always unload it unless we might be staying just one night. Thats one of the nice things about a truck camper compared to a trailer or motorhome. You can haul a boat or ATV's on a trailer. Unload camper and have the truck for loading and unloading boat or going to town for supplies or going sightseeing without breaking camp.
    Someone mentioned that the hitch was hard to take off. Maybe if you have chains and a double hitch but my truck has a factory 15K hitch with a 2 1/2" receiver. I use a 24'" extension which is good for 6000# and only has 1 pin so it is easy to install or remove.
    Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12