2004 Mercury 225 Optimax pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by tightlinezz
    Getting ready to sell my 2004 Mercury 225 Optimax. Want an idea what a fair selling price is. It's got 510 hrs on it and runs great. Going to repower it with a new Pro XS 8 cylinder. There isn't anything wrong mechanically with the one I'm selling. Also want to know what usually sells with the motor as I'll probably use what I can that's already on the boat for the new motor. Unless that's not a good idea?
    Original Post
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 11-23-2020 at 06:04 PM.

2. Banned
    EuropeanAM's AvatarJoin Date
    Apr 2008
    Exclamation Engine posts in APPROPRIATE FORUM, Please
    Folks:

It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

Thanks!

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moved your thread to the correct forum for you.

You can get a "general" idea of the engine's value if you look it up on nada.com (under Boats, Outboard Motors, 2004, Mercury, Optimax Series).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor