Running two SI/DI Transducers?

I have a kind of off the wall question here. I currently have SS3D transducer and module. I have been contemplating getting the 3 in 1 based on some of the images I have seen on line. My question is, would it be possible to run both, one stbd, one port. SS3D runs to the ethernet port, so I don't have anything on Ch 2 right now. That way I could just change source to take advantage of greater detail the 800 on the 3 in 1 gives, and still have the wide coverage of the SS3D when Im trying to cover ground and locate structural features. Not to mention having a backup in case something happens to one of them. Could this work? Thoughts?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarmstrong View Post
    I have a kind of off the wall question here. I currently have SS3D transducer and module. I have been contemplating getting the 3 in 1 based on some of the images I have seen on line. My question is, would it be possible to run both, one stbd, one port. SS3D runs to the ethernet port, so I don't have anything on Ch 2 right now. That way I could just change source to take advantage of greater detail the 800 on the 3 in 1 gives, and still have the wide coverage of the SS3D when Im trying to cover ground and locate structural features. Not to mention having a backup in case something happens to one of them. Could this work? Thoughts?
    What head unit(s) do you have?

3. Member
    A long as your unit is HDS Live or Carbon, yes you can do that.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    A long as your unit is HDS Live or Carbon, yes you can do that.
    Could the images from the different transducers be viewed on a split screen of one unit at the same time or would it only be possible on two networked screens?

5. Member
    Good question, I haven’t tried but I would assume it is possible. BUT you will most like get som crosstalk as the DownScan on Active Imaging is 455kHz (or close to it).

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Good question, I haven’t tried but I would assume it is possible. BUT you will most like get som crosstalk as the DownScan on Active Imaging is 455kHz (or close to it).
    I’ll try it next week. Running SS3D and AI 3 in 1 transducers separately on a Gen 3 and Carbon units respectively I haven’t managed to get images from both transducers on one (split) screen together. Should I be able to?