Ultrex won't release when deployed

I was trying to pull my Ultrex up a couple weeks ago and the cable broke, figured it was a faulty G-Force cable. I put a new one on and still won't release when deployed. While it's stowed it unlocks fine, any ideas what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks for your help and suggestions

2. Member
    This is typically caused by the mount being twisted (not mounted perfectly flat). It might be flat at the back of the mount and not at the front, which would cause the problem you're having. With the boat on the trailer, try putting the motor down then have someone put pressure on the shaft perpendicular to the mount while you pull the cable to release it.

3. Member
    I would guess that didn’t run the new cable the correct way. It has a different pull angle when stowed vs deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I would guess that didn’t run the new cable the correct way. It has a different pull angle when stowed vs deployed.
    Thats the first thing that came to my mind, as well.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I agree. My cable snapped repaired it (I thought) and could not get it to release. You probably did not run the cable correctly. Check it out a little closer, looking for wear marks and you will get it.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

6. Member
    I'm having the same problem. I cannot for the life of me see any way for the cable to be threaded through there except for what I have done. But it will not release the bracket to lift the motor when deployed. Can someone show a picture of theirs?
    ----
    Ranger z21
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Live 12 and HDS Touch 9
    Ultrex 112 lb

7. Member
    For the latch to work correctly the cable has to be ran under the bottom pin on the mount and then through the hole at the top of the rope guide. If it still does not release correctly it means one of two things. Either there is a twist in the mount or there is a problem with the pivot bushings. Both need to be checked.
    Last edited by Bradrodfish; 05-15-2023 at 06:46 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    For the latch to work correctly the cable has to be ran under the bottom pin on the mount and then through the hole at the top of the rope guide. If it still doe not release correctly it means one of two things. Either the\eir is a twist in the mount or there is a problem with the pivot bushings. Both need to be checked.
    Indeed. Anyone who might be having this issue, see this thread where my issue was resolved: https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1224421
    ----
    Ranger z21
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Live 12 and HDS Touch 9
    Ultrex 112 lb

my sons just did this, turned out to be the PIVOT BRACKET/SHIMS had broken and let the mount bind. ordered from minnkota and its back fixed.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS