Thread: Towing tubes

Towing tubes

I recently purchased a 2019 Z20 and noticed with all the attachments for the Talons, there is no direct way to hook a bridle and tow tubes like I did with my Procraft. How do you tow with a Nitro? even if I was to tow another boat back to the docks?

Towing another boat just use the cleat, don't jerk and do t even think about going on plane. My boat with powerpoles I could get to the jackplate where my trailer straps go.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    https://turboswing.com/
    I have a 2019 Z19 with an atlas jack plate.
    I put one of these on my boat for pulling the kids in a tube. It's removable so I only put it on when it's needed. I have power poles and it fits in between the poles. I can't use the poles when I have the Turbo swing on, they will hit when deployed. It worked really well when we used it this summer. It's not something you will put on and leave on as it is in the way for fishing. But it's really easy to remove just 2 Carabiner clips and it comes right off.

4. Member
    Thank you, unfortunately my hold down rings are behind the Talon brackets. Cleats would be the way to go for towing another boat.

5. Member
    Just looked at the turboswing and a warning popped up as soon as I entered a 250 Mercury sayin not compatible for 2017 and newer 250's and higher

Great Idea tho

6. Member
    I have a the new mercury PRO XS 4 stroke 200 with no issues. Not sure why it would have that warning. I didn't think the 200 and 250 were much different in size with the new 4 strokes.
    That's too bad it won't work, I like how it makes my bass boat a "family fun" boat when needed.

Edit: I just looked it states "Not compatible with 2017 & newer Verado outboards over 250hp"

I would call them and talk to them if you are interested to clarify the model, I'm pretty sure it will work on the PRO XS 250.

Last edited by mhesse78; 11-23-2020 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added info

Not familiar enough with the Talon brackets, but with power pole brackets I slid the bridle over the bracket. Got plastic tubing around the bridle rope to prevent it from fraying.

Have done it many times.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    Mhesse78
    I did reread the warning and yes, you are right. I read it as anything 2017 and newer.

BMCD
    I actually seen someone on youtube with the same Talon set up and he used a big ol football float and bridle. He too, went through some holes in the brackets and hooked to his hold downs.
    It's a cheaper option than the turboswing.

I got a couple good ideas to work with till next season.