Thread: Cox to BPT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    John Cox is also already the poster boy for the new NPFL. So sounds like he's doing that, MLF and BPT.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

2. Banned
    wrong john cox in tnpfl

Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    John Cox is also already the poster boy for the new NPFL. So sounds like he's doing that, MLF and BPT.
    Ohhh boy do I have bad news for you....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Well that sucks. I have enjoyed following/watching Cox on the Elite Series. Now he's going to fade away into the MLF abyss. Hope he does well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    He wins and moves on?
    Might be hard since the dates overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Not being rude but did you hear him personally bash BASS or see any comments in an articke etc that he did? I woukd not go by hearsay. He works a local show here each year and even though he wad with BPT he always talked well of BASS and tge people there when we visit with him.
    It was not verbal words that gave people the impression he was bashing BASS, it was his actions...the very last BASS event of 2018 Hackney never showed up for the event because he knew he was not going to be fishing BASS the next season. If my memory is correct he had a sub par 2018 and was far enough out of the points there was no way he could make it into the 2019 Classic so he skipped the last event. It was that action that people took as a FU BASS I am gone. Was it ever said out loud verbally...no it was it implied. There were other anglers in the event who had no chance of making the 2019 Classic and they still fish the last event of 2018 so it was obviously a personal choice of Hackney to skip the last event. As for my opinion with opinion being the key word it was simply Hackney saying I am in the position that this event means nothing to me so I am not going. Now what the public perceives as their opinion will vary so hence the reason a lot of people thought he kind of gave them the middle finger on the way out the door.

7. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Just wait till all the boat sponsor change announcements begin. Gonna be some real surprises.
    Nah they will just all be in Bass Cat's.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I wonder how the FLW angler feel.....spots open up for the "higher" trail they are trying to qualify for and they fill the spots with a hand picked angler who didn't fish FLW last year. That sucks
    Except cox fished FLW this past season as well.
    Fish have fins, they swim

9. dartag1829
    He will be 80k ahead since he won't be paying entry fees to both tours like he did this season.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Ohhh boy do I have bad news for you....
    Lol don't care either way. Let's hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Lol don't care either way. Let's hear it!
    NPFL that isn't this John Cox.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    He will be 80k ahead since he won't be paying entry fees to both tours like he did this season.
    Ehhhh.....wrong.

13. Member
    NPFL that isn't this John Cox.
    haha awesome. i saw his name and thought this guy just wants to take candy from a baby now!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Nothing. Like you said its about the money.
    Also, I have watched Let's Talk Fish and listened to Bryan Thrift enough to know that's what it's about to him as well. Whatever he decides, it is a business decision.

They can't all leave at once...
    BASS said that at one time.

Then they all left at once.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    It was not verbal words that gave people the impression he was bashing BASS, it was his actions...the very last BASS event of 2018 Hackney never showed up for the event because he knew he was not going to be fishing BASS the next season. If my memory is correct he had a sub par 2018 and was far enough out of the points there was no way he could make it into the 2019 Classic so he skipped the last event. It was that action that people took as a FU BASS I am gone. Was it ever said out loud verbally...no it was it implied. There were other anglers in the event who had no chance of making the 2019 Classic and they still fish the last event of 2018 so it was obviously a personal choice of Hackney to skip the last event. As for my opinion with opinion being the key word it was simply Hackney saying I am in the position that this event means nothing to me so I am not going. Now what the public perceives as their opinion will vary so hence the reason a lot of people thought he kind of gave them the middle finger on the way out the door.
    What Hackney didn't fish was the Classic "fish in" tourney at Carters Lake in north Georgia, after the AOY a couple of weeks earlier at Lake Chatuge (NC/GA border). From what I remember, he just plain didn't show up and didn't tell anyone at BASS. Either that year or the one previous, he lost his total weight for fishing inside an off limits marina at a NY tourney. Instead of being allowed to release his fish and start over, he was given a zero for the day. Earlier that same year, KVD had fished in an off limits area and was allowed to release his fish and start over. This zero for Hackney "gave" G-Man his second AOY. None of that sat well with Hackney. Going by memory here, as I didn't do any research.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    BASS said that at one time.

Then they all left at once.
    There was somewhere to go tho. They literally created all the spots. That isn't apples to apples

There was somewhere to go tho. They literally created all the spots. That isn't apples to apples
    Sure there’s a place to go. There’s always a place to go.

Even the car wash is hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post

There is ALWAYS the danger of being wrong when assuming.

We are around him at that show all day for 3 days straight and there is downtime when everyone is sitting in the back catching a break. One thing I have learned about Hackney these past few years is he walks to the beat of his own drum, does not hold back and if you want to know something regarding him just ask. He ain't shy. He has been nothing but respectful towards BASS at that show the past 2 years publicly and behind the scenes from what i have witnessed.

20. Member
    I read the 3 pages and now my head hurts. Hope they hurry up opening the next new trail. I gave up trying to follow these guys a while back. Cox will do well wherever he dips his rod.
    GETFISHED !!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast