Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I been on a Blantons kick lately. EH Taylor before that. Good bourbon is easy to get but great bourbon you have to work to find

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedonBass View Post
    What exactly does one do with a bourbon list on Christmas Eve? I'm guessing it's a party menu, but not so sure that's what you mean.
    Normally we have about 25 people at our house on Christmas Eve, some who are into bourbon almost as much as me, so instead of trying to name all the different pours that I have I just put together that list and print it out. Plus, it makes my Brother-In-Law jealous.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I been on a Blantons kick lately. EH Taylor before that. Good bourbon is easy to get but great bourbon you have to work to find
    If you like the Blanton's, have you been able to try some Rock Hill Farms? Same mash bill but 100 proof as opposed to 93.

I think if I had to pick one bourbon to drink for the rest of my life it would probably be the EH Taylor Small Batch. Just about everything good you could want in a bourbon.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    Normally we have about 25 people at our house on Christmas Eve, some who are into bourbon almost as much as me, so instead of trying to name all the different pours that I have I just put together that list and print it out. Plus, it makes my Brother-In-Law jealous.
    So it's a menu, that's really cool. Bet you've got an awesome looking bar!

5. Member
    Just wondering—— How much did the Pappy go for? Asking for a friend.

6. Member
    I like trying different Bourbons, one that always ranks really high that I did not care for at all was eagle rare. I know I’m in the minority, but I did not like it at all. For the money Wellers and Elijah Craig are hard to beat in my opinion.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    2 parts Weller 12 and 3 parts Weller Antique and you'll have Pappy.

Blanton's is better than Pappy to me. Good luck finding that. I'm also a fan of Elmer T Lee and Rock Hill Farms. My daily pour is Angel's Envy.
    so your pappy recipe, is that just an opinion or is it a fact? Just curious.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I like trying different Bourbons, one that always ranks really high that I did not care for at all was eagle rare. I know I’m in the minority, but I did not like it at all. For the money Wellers and Elijah Craig are hard to beat in my opinion.
    Totally agree with you on the Eagle Rare. Same with the regular Buffalo Trace. I don’t get the hype.

9. Member
    I’ve got a bottle of pappy 20 from 2012.

https://i.imgur.com/T34hgLE.jpg

10. Member
    So it's a menu, that's really cool. Bet you've got an awesome looking bar!
    It's a pretty nice setup. Keep around 70ish bottles out. The rest are duplicates.Slide1.JPG

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I tried eagle Rare and liked it, so bought a couple more and liked those too. My friend has a cabin up north and I always bring up a bottle of something to try while there. This was the 4th bottle I tried. It was bad. Not sure what was wrong with it, but that was the last one I bought.

Wife bought some Elijah Craig Toasted barrel. Wow it is really good. On my second now!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Wife bought some Elijah Craig Toasted barrel. Wow it is really good. On my second now!
    wish I could find that around here. Been very scarce.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    It's a pretty nice setup. Keep around 70ish bottles out. The rest are duplicates.Slide1.JPG
    Sweet setup, really like the glass cabinet. Bet there's been a lot of great stories told from those chairs.

15. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnBasser View Post
    Totally agree with you on the Eagle Rare. Same with the regular Buffalo Trace. I don’t get the hype.
    Same with the Blantons for me I don't like anything about it. I like Eagle Rare better than Blanton. Jmho

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Weller is excellent.

look for Stagg Jr. should be a easier to find.

I got a bottle of Pappy 15 two years ago. Still haven’t opened. It’s good stuff
    How do you know?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Same with the Blantons for me I don't like anything about it. I like Eagle Rare better than Blanton. Jmho
    Good to know. I never see Blantons up here but don’t want to waste $ if I happen to find it

I guess I am lucky in having indiscriminate taste buds. Heaven Hill Green Label and J. T. S. Brown Bottled in Bond both taste like what I want in bourbon and are each less than $15 a bottle. Problem is I can't find them in Florida so, when I run out, I buy Four Roses Small Batch.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

19. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I’m just gonna stick with my 101 proof wild turkey. And stop there.

20. Member
    Sweet setup, really like the glass cabinet. Bet there's been a lot of great stories told from those chairs.
    Yeah, and most of them are lies, especially any about fishing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast