Shimano Expride A vs G Loomis IMX Pro

Can any of you compare and contrast these two rods? I am wanting a punching rod and was leaning toward the 7'11" Expride A or G Loomis IMX Pro. I like the full cork on the IMX pro, but the mod fast action on the Expride might be better when punching and it has a ton of rave reviews. I am typically using 1 oz. size weight. I have used the IMX Pro 854, but not the Expride. Any insight on sensitivity or other aspects would be appreciated!

2. Member
    My opinion is the Expride is much more sensitive than the IMX Pro. The Expride is an outstanding (and often underappreciated) value at that pricepoint.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    My opinion is the Expride is much more sensitive than the IMX Pro. The Expride is an outstanding (and often underappreciated) value at that pricepoint.
    Appreciate the feedback!

4. Member
    Expride all the way between the two.

Not often talked about, but I really like the IRod Air punch rod. Spiral wrapped guide train which is great in a punching application and the power and action are spot on. My only complaint would be the reel seat isn’t my favorite.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

5. Member
    I have both and it’s very much the Expride for me, though I do prefer to buy American and not from where the Expride is made.

6. Member
    i hate that the expride is china made but i do like them over the loomis imx pro rods for sure. I use to try to buy american and made in japan reels, but i founds myself keeping the exprides even though they are made in china they are better rods than the imx pros in my hands