Thread: OH Ivey

OH Ivey

How's the lodging and eating around the lake.
    Haven't been there in 15 years.
    Thanks Mike

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Lodging and eats are good. We usually stay at Elm Creek Village. It's under new ownership. They're doing a lot of work to improve your stay. Food is good. Stayed at Concho Park once this year. First time in a very long time. Rooms are clean and food is good there too. Sportsman popped up several years ago. I know absolutely nothing about it. My club is partial to Elm Creek since the previous owners, Jerry & Tamye are friends.

Got a question for you now. Anyone still fish Baylor & Childress? Lotta big bass came out of Baylor back when I was living in Plainview.

Thanks for the info.. Think I'll call Elm creek, thats where I stayed the most years ago.

They both all but dried up during the record drouth that started in 2010.. Not sure when they refilled but started hearing some great reports in 2018 and 19 about the numbers of quality bass.. I talked to a couple of fireman who had been doing great until this spring.. Claimed they went several times and couldn't catch anything.. Heard some claims that golden algae wiped them out.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    That sux, always enjoyed those two. I'd fish Childress in the morning, then move over to Baylor about noon.

David Guajardo and his wife (Robin?) are the new owners. Real nice folks.

5. Member
    Jerry doesn’t own elm creek any more?! �� When did they sell the property? That’s sad. They were great people and I always enjoyed my stay. Food was amazing. Guess it was time for them to move on, and hopefully they’re doing very well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Thanks for the info.. Think I'll call Elm creek, thats where I stayed the most years ago.

They both all but dried up during the record drouth that started in 2010.. Not sure when they refilled but started hearing some great reports in 2018 and 19 about the numbers of quality bass.. I talked to a couple of fireman who had been doing great until this spring.. Claimed they went several times and couldn't catch anything.. Heard some claims that golden algae wiped them out.
    There was no golden algae this past winter. Spring time the lake was covered with green slime. Yes it made fishing tough but it was still good.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    There was no golden algae this past winter. Spring time the lake was covered with green slime. Yes it made fishing tough but it was still good.
    The Golden alga comment, he was talking about Baylor and Childress Lakes that I had asked him about on the post right above his.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    The Golden alga comment, he was talking about Baylor and Childress Lakes that I had asked him about on the post right above his.
    Yes sir.. Thats correct- thanks for clarifying.