Thread: Ride vs PHX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCClark View Post
    Hey fellas, I just wanted to weigh in here. I have had a Ballistic 223 with a Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke for about 11 months. Tournament loaded 2 guys and gear it runs 75-76 MPH. 77 solo and gear. It may not be the fastest boat on the water, but once it gets a little rough it quickly becomes one of the fastest boats on the water. It really handles like a dream.Most people always ask how fast it goes, but the ride is where this boat shines. You will not be disappointed in a Ballistic. You are welcome to call me if you would like and I would be happy to answer anything questions I can.
    Excellent feedback thank you

I have got to ask how does it do on fuel? I'm curious because even at WOT I get very good range out of my 08 Cougar FTD which is beneficial in my opinion.

3. Member
    In basscats website it says the Cougar is 1825lbs, the Ballistic is going to be lighter due to the construction of the hull and top cap. Using full vacuum infusion on both really cuts down the weight. Especially when you compare the hull size, cougar is 20’4” and the .204 is 21’8” and the .223 is 22’3”. I don’t have a real apples to apples comparison as there are way too many variables to figure here. But the physics of it say the Ballistic will do just as good if not better. Again there are too many variables to prove that unless you literally went head to head in your boat against a Ballistic on the same day, in the same water with the same motor.

4. Member
    with equal load and motor, Lighter faster boat = better fuel economy. Pretty simple math. When spending this kind of money on a bassboat, fuel economy is way down the list of priorities. Just below what brand of plastic bag to use to put your garbage.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    with equal load and motor, Lighter faster boat = better fuel economy. Pretty simple math. When spending this kind of money on a bassboat, fuel economy is way down the list of priorities. Just below what brand of plastic bag to use to put your garbage.
    Lmao. Very true. I drive a Tundra. What’s fuel economy?

6. Member
    Was thinking about some stuff today and figured I'd throw it on here. 204, 24 volt trolling motor enough?? Lithium batteries, they are light, any thoughts on putting them up front like some walleye boats?? Be a lot less wire to run thru the boat. Weight distribution might help performance?? 204 is a beautiful boat, be on the top of my list.

7. Member
    Nobody has done that to my knowledge as there is plenty of room for batteries in the bilge. That being said there is plenty of room in the front storage and I’m sure it could be done. Performance hasn’t really been an issue but we haven’t really tested a ton of props or combos on the .204. My buddy just got a new one last week with full lithium and a 300R. He’s still going through break in and getting used to the boat. He did tell me tonight that had it out today and he was very impressed with the boats ride in rough water compared to his old hull. My old .223 with a 300R/sporty and and Max 5ST would cruise in the low to mid 80’s and top speed was around 93. That was a full load. Falcon pilots .223 with a 300R and light layup would bust trips with the right wheel. I have no reason to believe the .204 will not run the same numbers. I ordered my .204 with a 250/R TM lower, AGM batteries and with a 27 Bravo 1 FS it would run in the low 80’s.. loaded to fish. I have since replaced the 250R with a 300R SM lower and we have run it 92 loaded heavy with a 31 Max 5. I have a 30 Bravo 1 FS worked down to a 29 that I think will be perfect for my setup but have not had a chance to test it yet. I’m looking for 80 just cruising, saving a bit of fuel and not really having to drive the boat that much. This is the only boat I’ve ever had that would cruise in the upper 70’s low 80’s and you can literally take your hands off the wheel. With these hulls and 4 strokes the 5 blade props seem to be the ticket but I just don’t want to get back in the 2-3k prop game. I think this Bravo 1 will be a good fishing prop which is what I’m interested in.

8. Member
    Thanks for the reply. My old tuffy had the batteries up front, was nice to get at them quick and easy. Trolling motor wires be 2/3 shorter also making them more efficient. Great info on your boat. Come to N.Y. next year and take me fishing!!

9. Member
    That is a long haul from me!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12