Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Daughters positive covid test

Kind of long but my daughter who is a teacher was sent home with a 99 degree fever and told not to come back without a test. Went to the health clinic took a test with a est five day answer. Called around found a rapid test at an urgent care ,had it done came back positive. School sent all her class home and her assistant told to isolate. Fast forward to today. Other more reliable test comes back negative. All her students and assistant and herself isolated multiple days for nothing. Rapid test sucks rant over

I’ve had employees with the opposite results. Rapid test negative and longer test positive. Not saying one is better than the other. I’m not sure any of them are reliable.

Tests are not 100% reliable. Better safe than sorry, in that environment.

Same thing is happening down here , kids supposed to stay in her room for 10 days by herself with mask on , this is crazy .

5. Banned
    I got a test just as good. Called flip a quarter

6. Member
    Will still be counted as a positive and help drive policy that will shut down people’s ability to work and move about freely.

7. Member
    Nobody said the tests are perfect. Good on the school for being cautious with the kids and doing their best to keep them safe.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

8. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Tests are not 100% reliable. Better safe than sorry, in that environment.
    Absolutely ^^^

Dale Sinclair original

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by August west View Post
    Will still be counted as a positive and help drive policy that will shut down people’s ability to work and move about freely.
    Yep!

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    My daughter is a teacher and pregnant as well. Tested positive and got sick and gave it to our two grandsons and my wife tested positive and sick. I think schools need to shut back down until after Xmas
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

11. Member
    We've got a reported 60 active student cases, 43 staff infections and seven county schools closed and doing 100% online until Dec 1st.

12. Member
    99 degrees is a fever?
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

My 20 yr. old daughter woke last Friday with a fever and had a test at a clinic on Friday night . Sunday at lunch got results and was positive. She had a fever for about 5 days and a sore throat. On Tuesday she said she couldn't taste anything but feeling a little better. She is isolated in her room and has her own bathroom. My wife is a virtual 4th grade teacher and they told her to quarantine and teach virtual at home for 24 days but if she test positive she can go back to the school 10 days after a positive test.

Bless both of them , let us know how young lady comes out of it .

15. Member
    People quit going getting tested, numbers will go down. Funny how that works.

16. Banned
    FIL had the molecular test done at the hospital, came back positive. Had 3 more rapid tests done, all negative. Had the molecular test redone, came back negative.

None of this shit makes any damn sense whatsoever. They have no idea who has it.

17. Member
    My 18 yr old daughter got a positive yesterday so we are all masking it in the house and she is staying mostly in her room over the garage. Wife and I took a test this morning but won’t know results for a couple days. So far everyone feels good.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedgestank View Post
    My 18 yr old daughter got a positive yesterday so we are all masking it in the house and she is staying mostly in her room over the garage. Wife and I took a test this morning but won’t know results for a couple days. So far everyone feels good.
    If you can get the n95 man. Only effective mask on the market that I'm aware of. Rare as hens teeth though.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    99 degrees is a fever?
    We went to my wife's arthritis doctor checked us at the door. My wife had a 99 they just said some peaple run 99 and just let us in.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    99 degrees is a fever?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast