Hydro tech blow out ring

Anyone running one on a sho motor? How hard was the install Was there any other gains besides preventing high speed blow out Theses not much info online about them just wanted to see what everyone thought of them
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

2. Member
    I have one, the only difference I noticed was the prop didn't vent well when powering on the trailer. Didn't run it very long, cracked a blade on my Bravo and the ring rubbed on the T1 so I took it off. Wasn't hard to install just drill and tap some holes, pretty simple.

3. Member
    Well dang I’m running a t1 prop.... I have a few other props I can play around with some more but I have a little $ tied up in the t1 and like the all around performance of it. I Just ordered the blow out ring from hydro tech and told them what prop I was running
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

4. Member
    Mine didn't rub too bad but I don't think it should rub at all, didn't try to reposition it so I just removed it for now.

5. Member
    I think they fixed the “rubbing issue”. On a Sho it will cut your slip in half, or close to it.
    Keith Broussard Caney Lake, Louisiana
    2000 TR21 2000 Mercury 250 Pro XB OG980775 14" hydro plate

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lrrsme View Post
    Mine didn't rub too bad but I don't think it should rub at all, didn't try to reposition it so I just removed it for now.
    I just installed mine I had zero issues with rubbing on a t1 prop I came home and was gonna try my txp it’s rubbing I called HT he said there’s 2 merc to Yamaha hub kits I ordered a new hub kit hope it works
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

7. Member
    I have it on my boat and I *think* it's value added. I run a Mercury Bravo 1 prop, have tremendous holeshot and the stays on plane without porpoising.

Any followups on this? Real world data.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw