Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Joined the Ranger Reata Club

Girlfriend and I drove up to Toccoa, Ga yesterday on my Birthday to look at a Ranger Reata 210. Got there and talked to the owner who ordered it new from the factory. Boat looked good but the battery was dead so couldn’t take it out since it was late. He drove down today so I could meet him at Lake Lanier on my lunch break. Put it in the water and took it for a test drive. Wasn’t to rough out today but the waves we did hit, could barely feel them. Drove back to the dock and went to the bank to give him a check. Easy transaction. I think I’m going to like this boat a lot compared to the Skeeter SL210’s I’ve owned. Just need to get the front deck extension and the front and rear deck cushions for my daughter and girlfriend. I’m very happy with the purchase. Ranger looks like a solid boat and will feel my needs!

photo upload website

Very Nice!
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

3. Member
    Congrats!

4. Member
    Sweet looking

5. Member
    Love my ranger fish and ski too! Not a Reata, but still a fine older Ranger fish and ski.
    Last edited by Takeum; 01-06-2021 at 11:14 PM.

6. Member
    Nice looking boat, congrats! The deck extension is a must.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    The deck extension is a must.
    Haven’t taken the boat out much, been to cold and work but the girlfriend and I went a few days ago. After looking at Rangers website for the deck extension, $335, I decided to make my own. Just need to get matching carpet and I’ll be done for under $50.00

I need to wax her up and put new tires on the trailer. He kept the boat on his boat lift on the lake and the trailer in a garage barely used. He also never waxed the boat in the 15 years he owned the boat. Carpet, gel coat, trailer still look like new. The fit and finish and attention to detail on this boat is excellent. The ride in rough water is also excellent. Now I know why people love Ranger boats.

8. Member
    I wondered what a deck extension was,,,, great idea, I want to make a step down on my rear seat assembly,,,the 397xt is different though so it will take some imagination

9. Member
    I like it, looks very sturdy too

Is that an extra storage compartment in the back of that area the deck extension is covering?

Is that an extra storage compartment in the back of that area the deck extension is covering?

how to be mentally strong

11. Member
    nice
    how do you like that rod holder up there? I was thinking of doing something similar

nice
    how do you like that rod holder up there? I was thinking of doing something similar
    I took it out. Trip hazard lol

I’ve been looking at storage trays to keep the tackle boxes upright and not sliding around in the front lockers. After looking on line and going to a bunch of stores, I think I finally found the solution for tackle storage. I found a couple of smaller crates that can hold six boxes in each crate. Then today, I found a larger crate that can hold 9 boxes. I also found some little storage bins that can hold tools and fishing pliers and other crap. More storage compared to the other boat means more crap inside boat lol.

15. Member
    I'm late to the post, but wanted to say welcome to the Reata 210 family! You've got a great looking boat there. I'm on my second one, hard to beat for both fishing and family. I like the tackle storage idea.
    2006 Ranger Reata 210 - 225 Etec

Quote Originally Posted by GMAK View Post
    I'm late to the post, but wanted to say welcome to the Reata 210 family! You've got a great looking boat there. I'm on my second one, hard to beat for both fishing and family. I like the tackle storage idea.
    Thanks and I agree about hard to beat for fishing and family. I still would like to try the Triton Escape 220 one day though, lol.

I had to trim up the crate a little bit, but it holds nine 3700’s in the front compartment. Keeps them from sliding around and I still have a lot of room to store other stuff in the compartment.

17. Member
    Nice, storage looks good. I line all my 3700's up in the port side compartment, due to how many is in there they stay in place nicely, but I've thought about doing something to help hold them upright when some are removed.

on a side note, I see you have a support shock on the compartment lid, I've been thinking of adding some to certain compartment lids. Would you mind taking a couple pictures showing how it's mounted at both ends? I would appreciate it.

18. Member
    I'm not too good at adding pics, but here is my brother and I heading out first day of musky tourney in October. Boat did awesome for a full weekend tourney.
    Tournament.jpg
    Last edited by GMAK; 01-13-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling

19. Member
    Nice, storage looks good. I line all my 3700's up in the port side compartment, due to how many is in there they stay in place nicely, but I've thought about doing something to help hold them upright when some are removed.

on a side note, I see you have a support shock on the compartment lid, I've been thinking of adding some to certain compartment lids. Would you mind taking a couple pictures showing how it's mounted at both ends? I would appreciate it.
    Pics of compartment lid: 20210113_084412.jpg20210113_084501.jpg20210113_084448.jpg20210113_084453.jpg

I didn’t know the 212 Reata doesn’t have support shocks on the lids?
    Last edited by I.P. Freely; 01-13-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast