Post Need recommendations

Looking at pulling my bass boat from western North Carolina to Florida the week before Christmas. Looking around Polk County area to Lake Kissimmee. At the moment thinking about fishing small lakes. The big lakes I would think could be intimidating. Rented a John boat out of Roland Martin marina 25 years ago on Okeechobee and caught more fish out of canal than main lake. The big lake just overwhelmed us. Only time I have fished in Florida. Anybody have any recommendations on where to stay? Of course need to charge batteries each night. Any recommendations on lakes to fish. Not necessarily looking for that giant fish. Would be happy with catching several fish with a lucky shot at a trophy. Also what is water temp during this time of year? Not trying to offend anyone with these questions, not asking for anyone’s secret lake! Lol! Hope this trip happens but with the COVID outbreaks getting worse, who knows. Would like to just get away and fish something different. Lakes around my area has little to no grass of any kind. Will be a whole new experience. Thanks for any info.

2. Member
    https://grapehammock.com/
    That puts you on the south end of Lake Kissimmee. But if a cold front comes down strong enough could be rough. But you could trailer other places if you had to. But just inside Polk County I believe after crossing the water. But you will have to make your own decision. A search will sure give you numbers of fish camps.

3. Member
    http://www.lundyville.com/
    That would put you on a small lake in Polk County. And wouldn't be real far to trailer to Lake Toho in Kissimmee. Or if you wanted to fish pits on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday you could trailer to Tenoroc Fish Management Area. Which wouldn't be far from there.
    It's been forever since I staid on Lake Juliana. Only giving suggestions you can look into.