Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS 7’0” M/MH

Looking for some reviews on this rod. Looking to throw 1/4-3/8 oz finesse jigs and some 1/4-5/16 oz soft plastics. Mainly z-craw jr/baby brush hog/speed craws. How is the sensitivity on this rod and how is the action? I see it’s rated for extra fast but have no experience with Daiwa rods. Can anyone compare this series to the Shimano Exprides?

2. Member
    I have this rod and have used it a lot. I have 2 NRX rods (894-853 models and the new steez bottom contact rod) I also have every other Ags rod in the elite lineup, up to the 7’9” long cast. The 7’ mmh is fantastic for 5/16oz contact baits, the sensitivity I feel is excellent. The balance is very good as well. I have a Sv reel with 14lb sniper on it. I have lots of rods and this one is one of my favorites for 1/4-5/15oz weights. Don’t let the extra fast action scare you it’s not that fast..... it’s fast just not super fast Lol. It does a great job of keeping fish pinned. I would actually like to buy another one soon. I would recommend the tackel Trap if you want to buy one there a great shop.

3. Member
    It'll work great for those presentations!

4. Member
    thanks for the reviews so far. Redog: how would you compare the rod to your NRX 853 as far as power/action? Yes.....rod would definitely be purchased from the Tackle Trap!

5. Member
    The elite rod has more power in the middle of the rod for sure. The first 12” are similar with the elite slightly more powerful. I’m going to say the 853 feels more like the x-fast it is. I don’t fish anything heavier that 5/16oz with the 853 my feeling is it doesn’t have enough power to set the hook on anything heavier. The elite can fish 3/8 good but that’s as far as I go my self. The reel seat is way better on the elite to. Sensitivity is one of those things that’s hard to tell on these too rods, witch ones better? I enjoy the elite rod more if that helps.

6. Member
    i have 1 of the 7' m/mh elites, and it's really good for 1/4oz jigs with a light trailer, as well lighter t-rigs.