Thread: Guntersville?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Guntersville?

How’s the fishing at Guntersville right now, are there any mats?

2. Member
    Good luck get a reply. Seems like no one talks about Guntersville. I will be there Thanksgiving day till Sunday. I'm just going fishing and hope for the best. I was down the last week of October and had a blast frog fishing.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Last few times I went it was tough to get a bite. The lake has been put through the ringer this year and it tough to find consistent bites.
    I’m skipping even fishing it until maybe next February or March.

4. Member
    And I was told that same thing about the frog bite. Almost didn't go. But went anyways and absolutely smashed them on a frog. Learned not to listen to any one about fishing. Every one fishes different.

5. Member
    Mats are few and far between. Bite is picking back up with the cooler temps. Fished a 27 boat tourney last saturday and got 2nd with 12.63 but this week seems the bite is a little better.

6. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    And I was told that same thing about the frog bite. Almost didn't go. But went anyways and absolutely smashed them on a frog. Learned not to listen to any one about fishing. Every one fishes different.
    Then it’s okay we don’t listen to you about smashing them on frogs? Maybe catching 2, 1lbs are smashing them to you?

7. Member
    Lol. Now that's funny. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone but hey if you're butt hurt over it sorry.
    But smashing to me is not 1 lbers. I had 20+ lbs 4 out of the 5 days. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Water is probably a foot low right now, be careful running around
    Phoenixed
    2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI

9. Dogfish_Jones
    Lol. Now that's funny. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone but hey if you're butt hurt over it sorry.
    But smashing to me is not 1 lbers. I had 20+ lbs 4 out of the 5 days. Sorry I hurt your feelings.
    Nothing written on the internet hurts my feelings.
    I just thought he was asking for what people thought about Guntersville and every post that ask those type questions are about their opinions or their personal experience. If you caught that big of a load, you are the best I’ve heard in months from that lake and I’ve got friends who fish it weekly and they ALL have been saying it been tough. I’ve went twice and did terrible, mainly 1 -3 pounders and nothing consistent.
    Heck, even the Elite guys would have all lost to you when they were there in October, just think you missed out on $100,000.

10. Member
    We just got back yesterday from big g was there for 3 days my brother in-law done pretty good no good mats of grass what fish we caught came off the main lake outside grass line using swim jigs made by tight line jig white shad color bought at water front grocery and tackle we put in at commer bridge and fished the grass line straight across from it hope this helps if u catch any post so pictures

11. Member
    I wish I knew how to up load pics on here.
    And yes I watched the elites on Guntersville lives on tv the whole weekend they were there. The house I rent where I stay at. I showed him pics from my second day and he was like what are you doing. I went down for one reason and 1 reason only to frog fish. And once I figured out the mat and depth and location it was lights out. I will be down Thanksgiving weekend. I will hopefully get them on a trap or chatterbait. Guntersville is a awesome lake. Been thinking about buying a house down there. Guntersville reminds me of what ky lake use to be like. I just hope Guntersville doesn't get the carp like ky/ Barkley have.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    I wish I knew how to up load pics on here.
    And yes I watched the elites on Guntersville lives on tv the whole weekend they were there. The house I rent where I stay at. I showed him pics from my second day and he was like what are you doing. I went down for one reason and 1 reason only to frog fish. And once I figured out the mat and depth and location it was lights out. I will be down Thanksgiving weekend. I will hopefully get them on a trap or chatterbait. Guntersville is a awesome lake. Been thinking about buying a house down there. Guntersville reminds me of what ky lake use to be like. I just hope Guntersville doesn't get the carp like ky/ Barkley have.
    The way my year has gone, I can go to any lake and everyone else will be catching a boat load and I will maybe catch 2 dinks. 2020 has been terrible in more ways that I can count. But the good thing is I have survived it so far and not been sick with Covid 19. That;s unless I had it back in January because I had a terrible cold/flu and lost my smell and taste for about two weeks. But back then we didn't really know anything about it. I just took a Z pack that was given to me by our company doctor on staff.
    Hopefully 2021 will be better, but I still have a few weeks left and maybe a couple more open tournaments to fish to get my Mojo back.

Havin a good time down here

14. Member
    Is it going good? I'll be down on Thursday. The weather looks to be pretty stable this week.

15. Member
    Is it going good? I'll be down on Thursday. The weather looks to be pretty stable this week.
    Temps wont be bad for late November but be sure to bring some rain gear
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

16. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Temps wont be bad for late November but be sure to bring some rain gear
    It will be in the high 60's around Guntersville for the week. Rain coming in Wednesday and then PM hours on Friday. Then a higher chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday.

17. Member
    I can't wait. Just hope it ain't rain like hell.
    What is the water temp?

It really changes day to day but once you figure out what they want it’s pretty good. We caught them on swimbaits and buzzbait when cloudy and flipping when sunny. Did have one decent fish on a frog but lost it in the mat.

19. Member
    I don't think I will worry about the sunny. Lol I believe it is going to rain or be cloudy the whole time. I plan on trapping and chatterbaiting but I will check out the area I caught them in October on the frog.

20. Member
    Apparently there's enough grass there right now for frogging. Will that grass still be viable in March.. or fresh grass started?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast